Harken Carbo Ratchets allow sailors to hand-hold lines under load and offer balance between holding power and controlled easing.
Harken Carbo Facts and Features:
- Available with or without becket and in 3 sheave diameters - 40mm, 57mm and 75mm
- Nylon resin sideplates are densely packed with long-glass fibres for a compact block with a high strength to weight ratio
- Machined aluminium sheaves are hardcoat anodised for strength and corrosion resistance
- Eight facets (shaped sections) on the sheave hold the line securely
- Ball bearings, sheaves, and sideplates are UV stabilised wih carbon black for maximum protection
- On / Off switch ergonomically operable from both sides
- Ideal for main/jib/spinnaker sheets, mainsheet fine-tune, traveller controls, genoa leads and foreguys.
For the ultimate system mount a switchable ratchet in the cockpit and a boom-mounted Ratchamatic® directly above to allow double holding power in heavy air and to ensure the mainsheet runs freely in light air.
|Harken||Block||Maximum Break Load||Safe Working Load||Maximum Line Diameter||Weight|
|2608||40mm Single Swivel||454kg||136kg||10mm||49grams|
|2135||57mm Single Swivel||907kg||227kg||10mm||85grams|
|2670||75mm Single Swivel||1361kg||341kg||12mm||227grams|
|2609||40mm Single Swivel Becket||454kg||136kg||10mm||52grams|
|2136||57mm Single Swivel Becket||907kg||227kg||10mm||94grams|
|2671||75mm Single Swivel Becket||1361kg||341kg||12mm||248grams|
A becket is the starting point for the line in a purchase system, but it is also extremely useful for holding blocks up and off the deck with the addition of a short length of shock cord (bungee elastic) attached from the becket to e.g. the lower rail/guard wire.
- Block Size - 40 mm
- Block Size - 57 mm
- Block Size - 75 mm
- Block Size - 52 mm