Shock Cord, also known as bungee cord, is a clever combination of latex rubber core with a hard wearing polyester cover which culminates in a very stretchy line for securing all sorts of loads onboard, in the yard, at home or even on a roof rack or trailer. Shock cord is also ideal for tying down covers and tarpaulins. The elasticity provided by the rubber core maintains tension throughout it's working life.
Jimmy Green offer LIROS top quality Shock Cord from 3mm up to 12mm diameter:
- 4mm - 8mm in Black, Blue, Red, White and Yellow
- 3mm, 10mm and 12mm - White only
Shock Cord can suffer from a relatively short working life, especially through the effects of abrasion and UV deterioration in the sun The manufacturing quality therefore needs to be truly equal to the rigours of a marine environment.
LIROS Shock Cord is manufactured by LIROS Ropes in Germany to the highest standard.
LIROS Shock Cord Plus Factors:
- Excellent stretch characteristics - top quality highly elastic rubber core
- Excellent Abrasion Resistance - 100% high tenacity polyester cover with close weave braided construction
- Excellent Colour Retention - UV stabilised dyeing process on 100% polyester cover
All our LIROS bungee cord is available:
- Cut to length by the metre
- in 15 metre Discount Bundles
- in 50 metre Extra Discount Hanks
- in 100 metre Maximum Discount Reel Deals, including a handy storage plastic reel with stoppers and hooks to suit