LIROS Anchorplait/Octoplait White Nylon V shaped Mooring and Anchoring Bridles
Custom Build a bridle to divide the load equally between two cleats - spliced and whipped to your own bespoke requirements by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team.
Jimmy Green V Shaped Anchorplait Bridles:
- A Jimmy Green V shaped bridle is based on the Anchorplait centre eye splice (with or without a thimble/chain hook).
- The bridle consists of a continuous line, made into a soft loop around a fitting or formed around a hard thimble eye with a brummel locking tuck splice.
- The strength of the bridle is therefore not reliant on a Y Joining Splice i.e. splicing two separate ropes together
- The maximum angle of deployment must always be set up with caution but the centre eye splice is much less prone to failure at a wider than optimum angle than any joining splice between two separate ropes.
- It is not possible to successfully put a centre eye splice in a rope of 3 strand construction
V Bridle Custom Build Instructions