Flares can only be delivered by fully authorised carriers in special packaging to UK Mainland addresses.
Seago Flares are delivered direct to you by Seago.
You must be 18 years or over to purchase flares or hazardous goods.
Liferafts (which are packed with flares inside), Lifejackets, Rearming Kits, Paint, Antifouling, Fire Extinguishers, Aerosols and certain other Flammables and Liquids are classed as restricted goods and are not accepted by Royal Mail or Parcelforce.
Please select the appropriate Carrier at Checkout.
Saturday Delivery is only available by special arrangement.
Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays are not working days with regard to despatch or delivery timescales.
if you have any doubts about carriage please contact us on 01297 20744 - we are here to help.
Cut Off Time for Online Priority Orders is 12 Noon - this may be extended by telephone negotiation depending on the amount of splicing/rigging/sewing involved
Next Working Day Priority - Cut Off Time 12 Noon
- UK Mainland Only
- Delivery on the next working day provided you have ordered before noon
2 Working Day Priority - Cut Off Time 12 Noon
- UK Mainland Only
- Delivery on the second working day after you placed your order, provided you have ordered before noon
- So for example, an order placed on Tuesday afternoon/evening on a 2 Day Priority will be delivered by Friday
3 Working Day Priority - Cut Off Time 12 Noon
- UK Mainland Only
- Delivery on the third working day after you placed your order, provided you have ordered before noon
- So for example, an order placed on Monday afternoon/evening on a 3 Day Priority will be delivered by Friday
Standard Courier, Trackable Delivery
- Our despatch team select DPD, DHL or Parcelforce according to the delivery destination and the nature of the goods - please allow up to 7 working days
Standard Royal Mail, no tracking available
- UK including Channel islands - please allow up to 7 working days
We will always endeavour to deliver your parcel on the earliest possible day. If you inform us that you want it to arrive on a particular day then we will try to accommodate you.
During periods of high demand, it is advisable to allow up to 7 working days for the Rigging Team to complete your custom splicing or rigging order.
We always strive to complete custom orders as quickly as we can but…..
If you have a required delivery date, please consider upgrading to the priority services listed above. You can reply to this email or ring 01297 20744 and speak to a member of the Jimmy Green Team.
We allow up to 7 working days for delivery because we send out a large number of custom orders e.g. rope with splices, whippings, wire rigging with terminals, webbing jackstays with sewn loops, sewn canvas shapes.
If you elect to pay for a Priority or Express Service, we will do our utmost to deliver to you within your given time frame.
There are different charges for
- Scottish Highlands and 2 Day Remote Area
N.B. Our carriers classify some Scottish Postcodes as a 2 Day Remote Area, even though they are not actually in the Scottish Highlands.
We do apologise but unfortunately, it is beyond our control
- Islands including e.g. Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Isles and the Channel Islands
- Export to Europe and Worldwide
We use DPD, DHL or Parcelforce for our Trackable Courier / Express Deliveries.
We use Tuffnells for our heavy / hazardous parcels - these deliveries are trackable but the details are not automatically available to you - Our despatch team are happy to work closely with you to ensure delivery at a convenient time.
Carrier deliveries require a signature unless you tick the appropriate box in checkout indicating that it is safe to leave the parcel.
Please give instructions for the delivery driver on where it is safe to leave the parcel but please restrict them to one short sentence if possible.
Please note that if you are in a surcharged delivery area then you may enter a separate delivery address e.g. at work which may not be surcharged.
This is also a good idea for valuable parcels requiring a signature.
If you are in doubt about any aspect of our delivery system please contact us - we are here to help.
You can be confident about placing an order with Jimmy Green Marine because we have a great deal of experience and expertise in exporting all over the world and as a team, we care that you get the best possible level of personal service. We can take orders by email and on the telephone as well as online.
If you are having any difficulty at all in completing your order, we are here to help by telephone or email, including information on a suitable specification for your application.
If the website is not giving you the right shipping option, tell us and we will solve the problem.
If you are struggling to complete your purchase, we can help. There is a method to save your order at checkout without committing any funds.
Use the 'Payment by Transfer' option while we find a solution e.g. if we need to quote you a special shipping price.
If we notice a possible mistake in your order, we will email you to check.
If you need something urgently in a remote part of the world, we will expedite it, but we will be honest about how long we think it will take to arrive.
We use DHL for all our urgent air express deliveries because they have an excellent reputation for delivering the parcel on time. We DO NOT use Fedex.
We send orders to the EU and Europe outside the EU on a daily basis with a choice of different shipping options. We regularly send heavy pallets loaded with e.g. Anchor Chain, Anchors etc.
You can rely on Team Jimmy Green to do their very best for you. We want you to buy again :-)
Vat is payable within the UK with the exception of the Channel Islands.
UK Vat is not payable on export orders.
UK Vat (20%) is deducted from our prices for export, but please note that any duties, taxes and related commissions charged by the importing customs authority are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Export to the EU
UK Vat (20%) is deducted from our prices for export.
You will be required to pay VAT at the rate applicable in the country where you receive the parcel when it arrives.
VAT in the EU varies from country to country (19%-25%)
The UK has a tariff free arrangement with the EU.
Export to the EU from the UK requires an EORI number - for Jimmy Green Marine it isEORI GB 979342765000
There should be no import duty to pay on deliveries to the EU where the country of origin is the UK or the EU.
The majority of our products are sourced in the UK or EU.
However, for those that are manufactured outside the UK or the EU, there may be import duty to pay.
This varies according to the international commodity code for each product, but seems to be mainly around 2.5% to 3% for marine accessories.
Regardless of whether there is any duty to pay, there will be a Customs Clearance/Courier Administration Fee to pay on receipt of your parcel.
This varies from country to country, but so far has been around 15 euros.
Our export invoices include all the necessary documentation for a trouble free parcel delivery service to the EU:
- GB EORI number
- International commodity codes
- Country of Origin statement
WE use DHL for deliveries to the EU because they have demonstrated that their service is the most reliable.
We can use other couriers on request.
- Royal Airmail is available for International small parcels up to 0.5kg - this service may be sub-contracted to the postal service of the receiving country and can sometimes take several weeks to arrive for some European destinations.
- DHL Express Courier is a reliable and swift service - generally 2 days to most European countries and 3 to 4 days for remote parts of the world. This courier is automatically available at checkout up to a parcel weight of 30kg. Heavier parcels will generate a 'Quote Required' option.
- DHL Economy (or DPD) - this service is available to most countries in Europe with a fixed starting rate for parcels up to 30kg and a maximum parcel weight of 50kg.
- Overland effectively means by land and/or sea, not by air and is therefore not automatically available at checkout to some islands in Europe e.g. Malta - please request an economy shipping price.
- Heavy Freight - This service is delivered by DHL or a freight forwarder e.g. Kuehne and Nagel and is available to most countries in Europe from 50kg up to 1000kg.
Carriage costs are calculated in the basket by weight and world-wide destination.
Create an online account and add your delivery address to view your shipping options.
Due to the large volume of parcels that we ship, we can offer multiple options at economical rates.
If the contents of your basket, combined with your delivery destination, result in our website not being able to generate a shipping price automatically, then an appropriate message will appear.
Please either complete your checkout without shipping or email details of your basket and we will send you a quote to finalise the order.
Collect in Store
Select your items into your basket, proceed to Checkout, add a UK address and postcode to your online account addresses - you can enter the Jimmy Green address and post code if required, select Collect in Store from Shipping options.
It would be very helpful to give us a collection date. You can either enter it in the message box or send a separate e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain in more detail.
Please bear in mind that if you have ordered any Splicing, Rigging or Sewing, we will need time to complete your order.
If you have ordered anything which we cannot supply in the time frame you have given us we will notify you immediately, either by e-mail or by telephone.
Jimmy Green Marine Ltd VAT Number: GB 979 3427 65
All the prices on our website include VAT for delivery within the UK (excluding the Channel Islands)
If your delivery destination is outside the UK (including the Channel Islands):
Add your items to the Basket, go to Checkout, register your delivery destination details.
Our website automatically excludes VAT from export prices.
'Yacht in Transit'
We can supply to a delivery address prefixed with 'Yacht in Transit' excluding any vat on request
VAT Retail Export Scheme
Jimmy Green Marine are happy to participate in the VAT Retail Export Scheme but customers should note that the rules have changed and it is no longer possible to deliver the goods and send the form in the parcel.
In Government/Legal Language:
Retailers and refund companies (see paragraph 5.5) may only operate the VAT Retail Export Scheme when they comply with the conditions set out in this notice. Briefly these are:
- the customer must be entitled to use the scheme (see paragraph 2.4)
- the goods must be eligible to be purchased under the scheme (see paragraph 2.6)
- the customer must make the purchase in person and complete the form at the retailer’s premises in full (see paragraph 3.1 and 7.4.2)
- the goods must be exported from the EC by the last day of the third month following that in which the goods were purchased
- the customer must send the retailer or the refund company evidence of export stamped by Customs on an official version of Form VAT 407, an approved version of Form VAT 407 or an officially approved invoice (see section 4)
- the retailer or the refund company must not zero-rate the supply until the VAT has been refunded to the customer (see paragraph 5.2)
To summarise in simpler terms:
Order online for Collection in Store and/or make (further) purchases when you visit our premises in Beer.
Remember to bring your passport.
Fill in the form with a member of the Jimmy Green Team.
Ensure that the form is stamped by UK Customs as proof of export when you leave the country within the time limit.
The vat will be refunded on safe receipt of the stamped VAT form.
N.B. proof of posting and recorded delivery is advisable.