LIROS D-Pro Static Article 01504 is produced from Dyneema® DM20, finished with the LIROS Coating System for enhanced durability and grip
An innovative synthetic fibre line making composite rigging more accessible to the cruising yachtsman.
LIROS D-Pro Static Construction and Specification:
- 12 strand hollowbraid Dyneema® DM20 with LIROS enhanced lay engineering
- LIROS Colour 205 Silver equates to grey or carbon
- Designed and manufactured in the LIROS state of the art rope factory in Germany to the most stringent quality control standards
This cost effective alternative to wire is specified by matching the stretch of the replacement fibre line to the working stretch of the stainless steel wire.
Fibre rigging will therefore be a larger diameter than the wire it replaces, but it will still save considerable weight aloft.
By matching the stretch factor, the replacement fibre rigging will be anywhere between 2 and 5 times stronger than the stainless steel wire that it replaces.
A synthetic rig should never be specified by matching the breaking strain of the fibre to the wire that it replaces because this will result in too much stretch.
LIROS D-Pro Static is available with a full range of professional spliced finishes from the Jimmy Green Rigging Team or in 50 metre/100 metre lengths at advantageous rates
CUSTOM BUILD INSTRUCTIONS - FIBRE RIGGING
LIROS D-Pro Static Facts and Features:
- The only Dyneema ® line with no creep - Creep resistance increased by a factor of at least 100
- Combines the strength/weight advantages of Dyneema®SK78 with outstanding creep resistance.
- Highest strength/weight ratio of all high performance fibres
- Excellent fatigue and chemical resistance
- Excellent abrasion and UV resistance due to PU impregnation - LIROS Coating System
- Ideal for permanent loads in demanding conditions
- Suitable for any application where dimensional stability is critical e.g. outhaul, backstay, dinghy shrouds
- Use for static lines in industrial or other water sport applications
|D-Pro Static Ø
||Weight per metre
LBL = LIROS Break Load WLS = LIROS stated Stretch at Working Load