The Jimmy Green Rigging Team produce professionally finished Guard Wires in plain, smooth finish or PVC covered stainless steel 1 x 19 wire to your individual requirements.
All the wire is the very best quality available from KOS, generally acknowledged in the marine industry as the world's leading stainless steel wire manufacturer in terms of consistent high quality. Guard Wires are generally made from 4mm or 5mm diameter wire but 6mm is available for larger yachts.
4mm 1 x 19 stainless steel wire, KOS MBL = 1400kg, 5mm 1 x 19 stainless steel wire, KOS MBL = 2000kg, 6mm 1 x 19 stainless steel wire, KOS MBL = 2880kg
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on building your Guardwires, Lifelines or Guardrails.
Custom Build Guard Wires
Follow these steps to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
Step 1 - Choose your terminal
Step 2 - Select the wire to enter your finished length. This will be the length from bearing edge to bearing edge.
Step 3 - Choose your terminal option for the other end.
N.B. The website will accept a length to 3 decimal points. However, this is not always practicable. The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim for a bearing edge to bearing edge measurement which is accurate to within + or - the diameter of the wire.
- Check the item is designed as you wish. You can alter any of the boxes and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the green Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout
- To view a short summary of the items you have selected, hover over the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage
- To view a detailed description of the items you have selected, click on the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage or hover over Basket and click on Checkout
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team Finished Length Process for Wire Rigging
- Terminate one end
- Secure the terminal to the bearing edge pin in the measurement trough
- Lay the wire out straight against the fixed tape measure
- Calculate and mark a. the turning point for talurit eye splice or b. the cut-off point for a roller swaged terminal at the other end of the wire
- Estimate the length to add or deduct (talurit or roller swage process) and cut accordingly
- Complete the second termination
- Check the finished length against your order.
Do it yourself Guard Wires with a termination at one end only
You can order each wire with a terminal at one end adding a little extra length to be on the safe side. Thread the wires through the stanchions, cut to length in situ and fit a Petersen or Sta-Lok swageless DIY terminal on the second end. This is a good solution if the holes through the stanchions are too small in diameter to allow a swaged fitting to pass through comfortably. Generally, the holes will need to be a minimum 8mm internal diameter clearance to accept a swaged stud for 4mm 1x19 wire.
Additional Information - The terminal price includes the talurit or roller swaging process.
Bearing Edge to Bearing Edge:
The picture shows examples for the Bearing Edge - The point from which your measurements will be taken.
Measurements on Swaged Studs will be from the extreme end of the thread.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim to produce your rigging within a tolerance of + or - the diameter of the wire.
All adjustable end fittings will be set at the 2/3 open position unless otherwise requested.
RS = Rigging Screw 1/4 or similar refers to UNF thread size
M6 or similar refers to Metric thread size
RH = right-hand LH = left-hand
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team suggest a 200mm - 250mm (8''-10") gap if you are using lanyards to secure one end
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check your wire and terminals meticulously during the production process to ensure that they are 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund.