Hempel Yacht Paint
Jimmy Green Marine recommend Hempel for specifically marine-targeted, hard wearing, value for money, protective coatings for boats and yachts.
Selecting the correct paint for each specific area onboard is fundamental to providing the necessary protection from the rigours of marine weather conditions.
Jimmy Green Marine offer a range of base coats, undercoats and top (finishing) coats for all substrates and environments:
- Top Coat - also known as Gloss or Enamel - for providing a tough, smooth exterior finish - above the waterline
- Undercoat/Primer - for preparing the surface for the finishing coats - for above and below the waterline
- Deck Paint - incorporating a very fine grit additive for a non-slip finish on decks, steps and sole (floor) boards
- Bilge paint - specific formula for those dark, damp, places e.g. under the cabin sole, in the engine room/box, in wet lockers
The Hempel Advantage: Hempel have developed a special formula so that the same paint can be used for both the first priming coat, and any subsequent undercoat, all in one tin. Available in grey and white, choosing alternate colours will help ensure 100% coverage. By selecting colours in the correct order, it is easier to check that you haven't missed a bit on each coat and your final undercoat will have the correct base for a colour finish from your top coat. e.g. for a dark topcoat finish on a 3 coat system, apply white primer, grey undercoat, dark top coat or for a dark topcoat finish on a 4 coat system, apply grey primer, white undercoat, grey undercoat, dark top coat.
Jimmy Green Advisory: It is important to follow the manufacturer directions on preparation as well as application.
Guide to obtaining the best possible finish for paint and antifouling:
- Fill and sand meticulously to erase any imperfections, aiming at the best practicable surface to provide good adhesion and a smooth, aesthetically pleasing finish
- Ensure that the surface is dry
- Ensure that the surface is clean and particle (dust) free
- Apply in dry, dust free conditions
- Apply by good quality brush or roller according to manufacturer guidance
- Follow the manufacturer instructions on priming, the number of undercoats (if required) and the number of finishing coats
- Adhere to the drying/curing time stated on the tin
- Lightly abrade surfaces between coats to improve inter-coat adhesion and to rub away any imperfections - subject to manufacturer recommendation
Meticulous Packaging: The tins are packaged with care, sealed with tape and packed into carboard boxes, padded out with extra packaging material, where required. The zealous sealing and the extra impact protection means that there is very little chance of any leakage. Sometimes, the tins can arrive a little dented, but that doesn't affect the quality of the paint :-)
Shipping by Courier Paint, Antifouling and similar products can only be sent by specific couriers. Please select 'Antifoul and Paint' as your shipping option at checkout. Many couriers will not accept paint and antifouling. Royal Mail/Parcelforce ban it absolutely and threaten fines for misuse of their carrying terms. Therefore, there are no shipping options by post.