Terms and Conditions
Jimmy Green Marine Limited is a company registered in England and Wales:
Company Number 7044915;
VAT Number GB 979 3427 65
EORI GB 979342765000
Registered Office: The Meadows, Beer, Devon, EX12 3ES
Making a Purchase
Making a purchase is straightforward
- Browse the store.
- Add any items you wish to buy to the shopping basket using the 'Add to Basket' button.
- Continue shopping or proceed to checkout.
- Register your billing and delivery details.
- You will need to register an account in order to make a purchase
- Your user name will be your email address.
- Select a secure password that you can remember for future access.
- You will need to fill in all the required fields
- Select a shipping option.
- Select a payment method.
- Pay by Card
- Bank Transfer
- Pay by Phone - Create your order online and select 'Pay by Phone' as the payment method, submit your order then give us a call to pay over the phone.
The automated email that is sent to you on completion is an acknowledgement of your order but does not indicate that a contract exists between us.
We will indicate acceptance of your order and hence a contract between us when we send you an invoice.
We have included this term to protect us in case we have made a mistake in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason.
In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Credit Card Security
- All Credit Card payments are taken using PayPal Pro, a PCCI Compliant payment gateway.
- Card numbers are not held in clear text on any website.
- Jimmy Green Marine Ltd is a PCCI compliant retailer.
- You can also pay by Paypal by selecting Paypal from the payment options. This takes you to the Paypal website log in page.
Tax and Duties
- All prices include VAT where applicable.
- Deliveries to the Channel Islands and outside the United Kingdom will be VAT free.
- VAT is deducted from the prices in the basket once you have entered a vat free delivery destination.
- EU Vat Registered Companies and Yachts in Transit can register an online account and apply for VAT free delivery.
- Duties, Taxes and related Commissions charged by the importing customs authority are the sole responsibility of the customer.
If your item is not in stock, we will endeavour to get it to you as soon as possible. We will contact you with the option of cancelling if you would rather not wait.
We endeavour to supply all goods exactly as advertised on our website and promise not to 'switch sell' i.e. substitute another similar product, without prior consent.
Your right to cancel (also meaning return) an order purchased online or over the telephone starts when you place the order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.
If your order consists of multiple items, the 14 day period starts when you get the final delivery.
You must notify Jimmy Green Marine in writing within the 14 days - you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.
Your refund of the goods value and the basic delivery cost will be prompt, subject to the order being returned in satisfactory condition – the statutory requirement is within 14 days of receipt.
A deduction will be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods.
Jimmy Green Marine is committed to delivering the highest possible standard of service while ensuring that your privacy is properly protected.
We undertake to adhere to the GDPR Regulations.
We will not pass any personal information on to any third party for marketing purposes.
This means that if we ask you for any personal information, we will only use it in accordance with GDPR, in accordance with this privacy statement and to fulfil your orders and individual expectations.
Jimmy Green Marine may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We advise you to check periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
With your permission Jimmy Green Marine will collect and securely store the following information:
- Name, gender/title, social media username
- Contact information including telephone number and email address
- Billing and Delivery Addresses including postcodes
- Order history
We need this information for
- Internal record keeping.
- Customer Service
- Processing orders and returns
- Sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and only then if you have signed up voluntarily and confirmed your wishes by verifying your request.
We will store this information for as long as it is reasonably required for fulfilling the processes listed above.
In the case of customer data attached to order history, we will retain the information securely for up to 10 years for our mutual benefit, particularly in relation to repeating orders.
If, at any time, you believe that we have retained any data for too long, please notify us and we will take immediate action, as appropriate, to delete it.
This information is only retained for delivering a high standard of customer service and will be safeguarded by our Security Policy.
Jimmy Green Marine is committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
We have an active, physical, digital and managerial policy to safeguard the information we collect online.
Our Security Policy is pro-active i.e. continually reviewed and updated to cope with the modern day demands of the world wide web.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
More information about cookies is available on independent websites: www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org
Links to external websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest.
- We do not have any control over these websites.
- We advise you to take suitable security precautions before accessing any new website.
- Jimmy Green Marine cannot be held responsible for any consequences arising from accessing external websites.
Controlling our use of your personal information
When you register, you have the option to tick the box for your email address to be added to our newsletter database.
If you tick the box, you will receive a verification email which requires you to confirm your wish. This is known as double opt in and protects you from receiving unwanted email.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
We won't overwhelm you. We aim to send a maximum 3 emails per month with offers and information that we hope will be of interest to you.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes under any circumstances.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you.
Please notify us as soon as possible if any of the personal information we hold on you is incorrect so that we can immediately update accordingly.
New GDPR legislation is effective from 28th May 2018.
Jimmy Green Marine adhere to, respect and support the aims of these regulations which are designed to protect individual privacy.
Jimmy Green Marine have a customer friendly policy and mission statement regarding GDPR.
- Cookies are required on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping basket and to store personal information e.g. delivery addresses
- Cookies are therefore used on our website in a similar way to most shopping websites.
- You can turn off cookies within your browser by going to Tools/Internet options/Privacy and selecting to block cookies.
When you register online there is an option to sign up for our digital mailing list. If you leave this blank, you will not receive marketing emails. If you sign up, you will receive a verification request. This a double opt in privacy protection policy to ensure that you don't receive any unwanted emails from Jimmy Green Marine . If you do decide to opt in, you can unsubscribe at any time.