- On sale!
Chain Snubbing Lines - custom spliced for specific orders but ended up being surplus to requirements
Please read the 'finish' part of the item carefully for the splicing description it may not match the photo shown.
If you are unsure of the description, call us on 01297 20744 and we can help.
Jimmy Green Anchor Chain Snubbing Lines are produced to order, in house, by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team from LIROS 3 Strand Nylon with a customer selected hook/grab.
These are on clearance because the customer changed his mind on the specification.
N.B. Chain hooks, grippers and grabs are designed to fit over one link to hold fast on the next link and not through the link
Please consult the size chart in conjunction with the decision-making factors in our ANCHOR RODE SIZE GUIDE to establish the optimum anchor rode and matching snubbing line for your yacht
Jimmy Green Anchor Snubbing Lines, Facts and Features:
- Snubbing absorbs the shock load when the anchor chain pulls tight
- Snubbing prevents potentially damaging anchor loads from reaching your windlass
- Snubbing softens the ride at anchor
- Chain hooks/grabs all slot over the chain, not through the link
- Plain in/out or retentive options
Jimmy Green Windlass Advisory
Allowing the windlass to take the strain of your anchor rode may result in damage to the windlass, or even the windlass letting go under load at precisely the wrong moment
Jimmy Green Anchor Chain Snubbing Specification Guidelines:
- Length - as long as practicable (5 or 6 metres is quite common) with a minimum 3 metres
- Strength - similar to your Anchor Chain and Warp
- The shock absorption qualities of the snubbing line will increase with greater length and reduced diameter
- Add a compensator to increase elasticity
- Add anti-chafe webbing for protecting against abrasion where the line passes through fairleads or over the bow roller
- If a stainless thimble will not fit and/or sit comfortably in the eye of the hook, a soft eye splice is advisable
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon Article 00110 Facts and Features:
- Manufactured from 100% high tenacity heat set Nylon (Polyamide) to DIN EN ISO 1140 standard (previously DIN EN 696, DIN 83330)
- Thermofixed twisted lay construction
- Dependable high strength
- Excellent durability, wear and abrasion resistance.
- UV stabilised
- Spliceable to chain
- > 20% working load stretch provides excellent shock absorption
- Excellent protection against snatch loads
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg ~ 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg
Available in: White and Navy - LIROS article 00110
Consult the JIMMY GREEN CHAIN SIZING INFORMATION to determine the size of your anchor chain without the need for callipers, using only a simple tape measure or ruler.