Also known as Carbine Hooks
Traditional symmetrical/oval shape
Spring loaded closure
Select by length, with or without eye insert
Material thickness (bar diameter) chart below
Stainless steel carabiners are a traditional symmetrical, oval shape, manufactured from marine grade stainless in a wide range of sizes determined by the length overall.
Carabiner Facts and Features:
- Traditional symmetrical, oval shape
- Available with or without stainless steel eye insert
- The eyelet can be pressed out if required
- Spring loaded retaining lock - pivots on a small bar with teeth that fit neatly together
- Smooth profile
- All manner of onboard uses
- Excellent addition to onboard spares kit
The term carabiner is derived from the expression 'carbine hook' which was originally a hook to attach a strap to a rifle.
'Carbine Hook' is still a common name for any snap hook of this nature.
|Without Eye||With Eye||Length||Diameter||Eye Diameter *||Aperture/Opening|
Diameter = the material thickness or bar diameter
Eye Diameter* refers to the dimension for a carabiner with eye insert fitted
Aperture/Opening = the available gap when locking bar is fully open