Mooring Strops with Chain Centre Section - Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on building your custom mooring warp with chain centre section.
The steps are the same for Anchorplait or 3 Strand Rope.
The Anchorplait to Chain Splice will be the 1 link splice (not the 11 link version) to maximise the use of the chain centre section.
Follow these steps to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
Select Option 1 - Select a finish for one end of your warp, if required
Select Option 2 - Pick a rope and enter the length required for the first rope section
Select Option 3 - Add an anti-chafe option, if required
Select Option 4 - Select the rope to chain splice
Select Option 5 - Pick a chain and enter the length required
Select Option 6 - Select the chain to rope splice
Select Option 7 - Pick a rope and enter the length required for the first rope section - This should match Option 2 for a symmetrical configuration
Select Option 8 - Add an anti-chafe option, if required
Select Option 9 - Select a finish for the other end of your warp
Once you have made a selection in all the drop-down boxes available, the website will generate:
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall length
- a price including VAT and any current applicable discount
The website will accept a length to 3 decimal points. However, this is not usually practicable.
For short strops and bridles, the Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim for a bearing edge to bearing edge measurement which is accurate to within + or - the diameter of the rope.
All ropes stretch to some extent under load. Mooring and Anchoring ropes stretch more than most.
Please allow for stretch under load when determining your finished length
- Check the item is designed as you wish. You can alter any of the boxes and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the green Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket.
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout.
- To view a short summary of the items you have selected, hover over the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage.
- To view a detailed description of the items you have selected, click on the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage or hover over Basket and click on Checkout.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team Finished Length Process for Strops with Chain Centre Section
- Cut the chain to length
- Splice the rope to one end of the chain
- Secure the spliced end to the bearing edge pin on the splicing bench
- Lay the rope out straight against the fixed tape measure
- Calculate and mark the turning point for the splice at the end of the rope
- Estimate the extra length required to complete the splice and cut accordingly
- Complete the end splice
- Check the finished length against your order
- Repeat for the rope on the other end of the chain
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check your rope meticulously during the production process to ensure that it is 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
The finished length is measured from the bearing edge to the bearing edge = the inside face of a loop/thimble where e.g. a shackle pin would take the load and therefore NOT the overall outside length.
The splicing price includes the extra rope required to make the splice and meet the overall finished length.
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund.