Guardwires - Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on the Custom Build process for ordering your Guardwires, Lifelines or Jackstays.
Follow the Jimmy Green Custom Build Process to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
- Option 1 - Choose your terminal
- Option 2 - Select the wire and enter your finished length. This will be the length from bearing edge to bearing edge
- Option 3 - Choose your terminal option for the other end
Wire Termination - the terminal price includes the taurit or roller swaging process.
Once you have made your selection in all the drop-down boxes available, our website will generate:
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall length
- a price including VAT, or excluding VAT if you are signed in with an export delivery address
Jimmy Green Rigging Team Finished Length Advisory
The website will accept a length to 3 decimal points. However, this is not always practicable.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim for a bearing edge to bearing edge measurement accurate to within + or - the diameter of the wire
However, Jimmy Green Marine will only accept responsibility for bearing edge to bearing edge measurements to within 2 x + or - the diameter of the wire
The Next Custom Build Steps:
- Check the item is designed as you wish - You can change any of your options and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Add any notes in the editable box provided, if required
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the green Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket.
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout.
- To view the items you have selected, go to your basket or direct to checkout.
Additional Notes for your Custom Build
You can add a note for your own benefit or to advise the Rigging Team of a specific requirement.
This note will appear in the product description in your basket
- Add a name for identifying your selection
- Request a terminal that is not in the custom build drop down menu
- Request a Talurit loop length
Jimmy Green Additional Fitting Advisory
When a fitting is requested from outside the custom build process, it will be assumed that the finished length is measured to the bearing edge of the additional fitting(s)
In other words, the finished length will include any shackles, hooks or fittings.
The same principle applies to special requests for different lengths of loop.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team Finished Length Process for Wire Rigging
- Terminate one end
- Secure the terminal to the bearing edge pin in the measurement trough
- Lay the wire out straight against the fixed tape measure
- Calculate and mark a. the turning point for talurit eye splice or b. the cut-off point for a roller swaged terminal at the other end of the wire
- Estimate the length to add or deduct (talurit or roller swage process) and cut accordingly
- Complete the second termination
- Check the finished length against your order.
The terminal price includes the talurit or roller swaging process
Bearing Edge to Bearing Edge:
The picture shows examples for the Bearing Edge - The point from which your measurements will be taken.
Measurements on Swaged Studs will be from the extreme end of the thread.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim to produce your rigging within a tolerance of + or - the diameter of the wire.
All adjustable end fittings will be set at the 2/3 open position unless otherwise requested.
The pictures below show examples for the Bearing Edge - The point from which your measurements will be taken.
Measurements on Swaged Studs will be from the extreme end of the terminal:
Stud terminals generally require an absolute minimum clearance diameter hole in the stanchions for them to pass through without getting stuck or meeting awkward resistance:
4mm diameter wire - the absolute minimum clearance diameter hole = 8mm
5mm diameter wire - the absolute minimum clearance diameter hole = 9.5mm
6mm diameter wire - the absolute minimum clearance diameter hole = 13mm
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team have collated and listed the actual stud dimensions published by the manufacturers in a chart:
RS = Rigging Screw
1/4 or similar refers to UNF thread size
M6 or similar refers to Metric thread size
RH = right-hand
LH = left-hand
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team suggest a 200mm - 250mm (8''-10") gap if you are using lanyards to secure one end
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check your wire and terminals meticulously during the production process to ensure that they are 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund.