Stainless Steel Wire Rigging - Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on the custom build process for getting a quote and ordering your wire rigging.
Follow the Jimmy Green Custom Build process to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
- Step 1 - Upper Termination, optional - Choose your terminal
- Step 2 - Wire, required - Select the wire and enter your finished length. This will be the length from bearing edge to bearing edge
- Step 3 - Lower Termination, optional - Choose your terminal option for the other end
- Step 4 - Add a Custom Product Name, optional - add any notes for yourself or the Rigging Team as necessary
Wire Termination - the terminal price includes the taurit or roller swaging process.
Once you have made your selection in all the drop-down boxes available, our website will generate:
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall length
- a price including VAT, or excluding VAT if you are signed in with an export delivery address
Jimmy Green Rigging Team Finished Length Advisory
The website will accept a length to 3 decimal points. However, this is not always practicable.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim for a bearing edge to bearing edge measurement, accurate to within + or - the diameter of the wire.
However, Jimmy Green Marine will only accept responsibility for bearing edge to bearing edge measurements, to within 2 x + or - the diameter of the wire.
The Next Custom Build Steps:
- Check the item is designed as you wish - You can change any of your options and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Add any notes in the editable box provided, if required
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the orange Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket.
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout.
- To view the items you have selected, go to your basket or direct to checkout.
Additional Notes for your Custom Build - You can add a note for your own benefit or advise the Rigging Team of a specific requirement.
This note will appear in the product description in your basket.
- Add a name for identifying your selection
- Request a terminal that is not in the custom build drop-down menu
- Request a Talurit loop length
Jimmy Green Additional Fitting Advisory
When a fitting is requested from outside the custom build process, it will be assumed that the finished length is measured to the bearing edge of the additional fitting(s)
In other words, the finished length will include any shackles, hooks or fittings.
The same principle applies to special requests for different lengths of loop.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team Finished Length Process for Wire Rigging
- Terminate one end
- Secure the terminal to the bearing edge pin in the measurement trough
- Lay the wire out straight against the fixed tape measure
- Calculate and mark a. the turning point for talurit eye splice or b. the cut-off point for a roller swaged terminal at the other end of the wire
- Estimate the length to add or deduct (talurit or roller swage process) and cut accordingly
- Complete the second termination
- Check the finished length against your order
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check your wire and terminals meticulously during the production process to ensure that they are 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
Jimmy Green Wire Accountability
The terminal price includes the taurit or roller swaging process.
Bearing Edge to Bearing Edge:
The bearing edge is the point/surface at the end of a termination that will take the load i.e. the inside edge of an eye
The pictures show examples for the Bearing Edge - The point from which your measurements will be taken.
Measurements on Swaged Studs will be from the end of the thread as shown in the photo above
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim to produce your rigging within a tolerance of + or - the diameter of the wire
However, Jimmy Green Marine will only accept responsibility for bearing edge to bearing edge measurements to within 2 x + or - the diameter of the wire
All adjustable end fittings will be set at the 2/3 open position unless otherwise requested.
Bearing Edge = the load bearing surface of the end fitting or termination
RS = Rigging Screw
1/4 or similar refers to UNF thread size
M6 or similar refers to Metric thread size
RH = right-hand
LH = left-hand
The bottom stud on your shroud or stay will almost invariably be UNF if it is right-hand and Metric if it is left-hand
Please take extra care when ordering because once a custom build product has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund.
Purchase Standing Rigging