Stainless Steel Wire Rigging - Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on building your wire rigging
Follow these steps to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
Select Option 1 - Choose your terminal
Select Option 2 - Select the wire and enter your finished length. This will be the length from bearing edge to bearing edge.
Select Option 3 - Choose your terminal option for the other end
Once you have made a selection in all the drop down boxes available, the website will generate:
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall length
- a price including VAT and any current applicable discount
The website will accept a length to 3 decimal points. However, this is not always practicable.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim for a bearing edge to bearing edge measurement which is accurate to within + or - the diameter of the wire
- Check the item is designed as you wish. You can alter any of the boxes and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the green Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout
- To view a short summary of the items you have selected, hover over the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage
- To view a detailed description of the items you have selected, click on the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage or hover over Basket and click on Checkout
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team Finished Length Process for Wire Rigging
- Terminate one end
- Secure the terminal to the bearing edge pin in the measurement trough
- Lay the the wire out straight against the fixed tape measure
- Calculate and mark a. the turning point for talurit eye splice or b. the cut off point for a roller swaged terminal at the other end of the wire
- Estimate the length to add or deduct (talurit or roller swage process) and cut accordingly
- Complete the second temination
- Check the finished length against your order
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check your wire and terminals meticulously during the production process to ensure that they are 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
The terminal price includes the taurit or roller swaging process
Bearing Edge to Bearing Edge:
The picture shows examples for the Bearing Edge - The point from which your measurements will be taken
Measurements on Swaged Studs will be from the end of the thread as shown in the photo above
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim to produce your rigging within a tolerance of + or - the diameter of the wire
All adjustable end fittings will be set at the 2/3 open position unless otherwise requested.
RS = Rigging Screw
1/4 or similar refers to UNF thread size
M6 or similar refers to Metric thread size
RH = right-hand
LH = left-hand
The bottom stud on your shroud or stay will almost invariably be UNF if it is right-hand and Metric if it is left-hand
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund.