Cornwall, premium sewn flag of Saint Piran
Denoting Cornish identity
1/2 yard up to 11/2 yard
Premium UK Sewn Production
Triple hem finish on MoD 155 gram m 2 woven polyester
Finished with varnished toggle and polyester braided tail
Cornish Flag of Saint Piran
Cornwall (Kernow) is proud of its culture, heritage and identity and so the Cornish campaign for independence is still a subject for discussion in the South West.
The Cornish flag features a white cross on a black background and is the 15th-century coat of arms of the Saint-Peran family. Saint Piran is the patron saint of tin miners.
Jimmy Green sewn Cornwall Flags are manufactured to the highest standard in our supply partner factory in the UK.
The strict quality controls in place ensure that each flag is well crafted, neatly stitched, UV-Fade and Wind-Fray Resilient.
All our Cornwall flags are manufactured from very strong and durable 155 gram per m2 (+/- 5%) top quality MoD 100% polyester, special knit, woven bunting.
Jimmy Green Cornwall Flag Plus Factors:
Premium Sewn: manufactured in the UK
- Sizing (traditional diagonal measurement) is nominal and may vary slightly due to the nature of the production/sewing process
- Top quality MoD UV resistant 100% polyester woven bunting
- Component panels cut out from MOD approved 155gm m2 top quality UV resistant 100% polyester woven bunting
- Rich colours
- Colourfast and fade resistant
- All panels stitched together to form the cross pattern
- Hoist reinforced with special flag webbing tape
- Braided Polyester line sewn into the integral hoist tape creating a loop to grip the varnished toggle at the top and a tail at the bottom
- Finished with triple stitched hems (outside edges)
Traditional Yard Sizing for Flags
The yard sizing (traditional diagonal measurement) is nominal and may vary slightly due to the nature of the production/sewing process.
- Yard Size refers to the outside diagonal measurement e.g. from the top corner of the hoist to the bottom corner of the fly end
- The fly is measured along the horizontal length, top or bottom
- The hoist is measured down the vertical length of the left hand side next to the staff
- The Fly end is the opposite end to the hoist = the end that flies in the breeze
Nominal length and height measurements are tabled in the guide below.
Premium St Pirran flags are crafted by hand and sewn together on manually operated sewing machines, so the sizes and proportions can vary slightly according to the production batch.
- Flag Size - 1/2 Yard
- Flag Size - 3/4 Yard
- Flag Size - 1 Yard
- Flag Size - 1 1/4 Yard
- Flag Size - 1 1/2 Yard