LIROS 12mm 3 Strand Nylon Mooring and Anchoring Warps
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options and select from the drop-down menus Detailed Custom Build Instructions
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon Article 00110 - 12mm diameter is suitable for boats up to 8 metres length overall or 1.5 tonnes displacement (LIROS guide):
- Manufactured from 100% high tenacity heat set Nylon (Polyamide) to DIN EN ISO 1140 standard (previously DIN EN 696, DIN 83330)
- Thermofixed twisted lay construction
- Dependable high strength
- Excellent durability, wear and abrasion resistance.
- UV stabilised.
- Spliceable to chain
- > 20% working load stretch provides excellent shock absorption
- Excellent protection against snatch loads
LIROS Break Load: 8mm 1440kg ~ 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm ~ 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg - 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg ~ 30mm 17400kg
White and Navy - LIROS article 00110
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon has the same strength and stretch properties as LIROS Octoplait Nylon 01058 but is less expensive.
However, nylon shrinks when immersed in water causing the twisted lay to tighten, especially in the larger diameters.
Overall, a very strong and stretchy mooring warp that represents exceptionally good value when used for semi-permanent mooring but not usually recommended for frequently adjusted and stowed mooring warps due to the stiffening of the line over its lifetime.
Do not use as a single strop on a swinging mooring as the swing may untwist the lay of the rope (cockling)
- Purchase Type - Custom Build
- Rope Fibre - Nylon
- Boat Size (Mooring Alongside) - 8-10 metres, up to 5 tonnes
- Rope Diameter - 12mm
- Boat Size (Anchoring) - 6-8 metres up to 2.5 tonnes