LIROS 14mm Dynamic Plus Dyneema - Sheets, Halyards, Control Lines
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - make your choice from the drop-down menus DETAILED CUSTOM BUILD INSTRUCTIONS
N.B. select a splice if you want to attach a fitting - a whipping is otherwise recommended to secure the end of the line
LIROS Dynamic Plus Article 02004 Dyneema SK78 - LIROS Cruising Dyneema is the go-to line for upgrading from 100% Polyester - the preferred choice for extended performance cruising or committed racing when budget restraints don't allow for LIROS Racer Article 02001 or LIROS Regatta Article 2000.
LIROS Dynamic Plus is designed and manufactured for Regatta Performance: hard wearing, low stretch for competitive cruising sailors - working load stretch <2%
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team are happy to splice your existing shackles onto new halyards.
LIROS Dynamic Plus Article 02004 Dyneema SK78 Specification and Rope Construction
- Cover: Close Weave 32plait 100% Polyester (8mm 24plait) stabilised structure
- Core: Plaited Dyneema® SK78 with additional inner plait construction with enhanced LIROS-Heat-Stretch-System
The result is a solid round construction with excellent firm shape retention under load e.g. around sheaves and winches.
LIROS Dynamic Plus Diameters and Colours:
8mm, 10mm, 12mm - White with colour coding in Blue, Green, Red and Yellow plus full colour Red, Plain White (with LIROS marker yarn) and Steel Blue
14mm - White with colour coding in Blue, Red and Yellow plus full colour Steel Blue
LIROS exclusive Steel Blue spin dyed Polyester is 30% more abrasion resistant than other colours in the equivalent polyester yarn.
LIROS Dynamic Plus Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- Excellent smooth handling
- Non kinking, balanced braiding
- Excellent holding power in cleats and clutches
- Good Grip around winches
- Solid shape retention around winches - firm, compact braid construction doesn't flatten
- Runs freely through block and sheaves
- Spliceable - advanced core dependent splice
- Low stretch - LIROS-Heat-Stretch-System
LIROS-Heat-Stretch-System - unique LIROS pre-stretching process, calibrated under exacting temperature and tension conditions, designed to minimise stretch and enhance performance.
Jimmy Green Rigging Team Splicing Advisory
The inner cover plait is not load bearing and a certain amount is removed as part of the core dependent splice resulting in a reduced diameter over a short length.
Although it looks thin, the strength of the splice and the rope is not compromised.
The Polyester cover can be permanently removed to produce a cover stripped Dyneema core only loop splice.
Snapshackles can then be retrofitted/changed over, attached using a simple a cow hitch - pass the loop through the eye of the shackle, over the top and back down to the rope end.
LIROS recommend using individual sail area as a benchmark for determining the optimum line diameter for your running rigging application.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team suggest that there are additional criteria that you may wish to factor in:
- Consider increasing the diameter to make handling more comfortable
- Check the capacity of alll associated fittings e.g. sheaves, blocks and winches
- Assess how hard you intend to work the rigging
- Prepare for the rigours of extended cruising
Each individual line should be capable of comfortably taking the anticipated strain, but it should also run smoothly and freely through your rigging system to avoid disproportionate effort, needless delay and excessive wear and tear.
LBL = LIROS Break Load
Max SA = LIROS recommended Maximum Sail Area
WLS = LIROS stretch at working load< = less than
- Purchase Type - Custom Build
- Rope Fibre - Polyester/Dyneema
- Rope Diameter - 14mm
- Sail Area (Racing) - up to 50 m2
- Sail Area (Racing) - up to 60 m2
- Sail Area (Racing) - up to 70 m2
- Sail Area (Cruising) - up to 60 m2
- Sail Area (Cruising) - up to 70 m2
- Colour - Blue Code
- Colour - Red Code
- Colour - Steel Blue
- Colour - Yellow Code