50 metre cut length - LIROS Herkules
Reduced Rate per metre
Excellent for extended cruising
Optimum versatile performer
Supplied loose in a sack
Cut to length in house
LIROS ROPE Stowage Bags are handy for portage and onboard storage.
50 metre lengths are available at a reduced rate per metre.
N.B. normally supplied as a loose length of rope in a sack rather than in a hank making it much easier to deploy.
Can be supplied re-wound in house onto a LIROS reel by email request.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team can finish the ends with e.g. a splice or whipping: THE JIMMY GREEN PROFESSIONAL RIGGING TEAM FINISH
LIROS Herkules is the most versatile top quality solution for all running rigging applications on cruising yachts, ideal upgrade for extended cruising:
LIROS Herkules Specification:
- Article 00154 = white with colour coding
- Article 01550 = full colour
- Article 01552 Vision = full colour blended with grey
Cover: close weave, abrasion resistant 1:1 spin dyed polyester
Core: High tenacity, firm construction, low stretch, braided polyester
LIROS Herkules is the reliable, versatile solution for all running rigging applications, ideally suited to withstand the rigours of extended cruising.
LIROS Herkules is ideal for sheets, halyards and control lines e.g. guys, reefing lines, tack lines, vangs/kickers, down/outhauls, furling lines, runner tails, preventers.
The LIROS manufacturing process produces a balanced braid on braid construction with consistency second to none.
LIROS Manufacturing Consistency stems from:
- Meticulous attention to exacting standards
- Decades of experience
- Modern factory with state of the art, computer programmed twisting and braiding machinery
LIROS Herkules Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- Good handling
- Non kinking, balanced construction
- LIROS top quality consistency - core and cover in synchronised tension
- Long lasting
- Extremely Wear Resistant suitable for rigorous winching
- UV Stable
- Solid round construction that doesn't flatten under load
- Spliceable to Wire
- Stretch at working load < 5%
LIROS manufacture Herkules in a wide selection of colour options: white with colour coding, full colour and full colour blended with grey (Vision)
LIROS recommend the optimum line diameter for your running rigging application according to each individual sail by maximum sail area in square metres.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team suggest that there are additional criteria that you may wish to factor in:
- Consider increasing the diameter to make handling more comfortable
- Check the capacity of alll associated fittings e.g. sheaves, blocks and winches
- Assess how hard you intend to work the rigging
- Prepare for the rigours of extended cruising
Each individual line should be capable of comfortably taking the anticipated strain, but it should also run smoothly and freely through your rigging system to avoid disproportionate effort, needless delay and excessive wear and tear.
|20mm||7000kg||> 100sqm||< 5%|
|20mm||8000kg||> 100sqm||< 5%|
|20mm||9000kg||> 100sqm||< 5%|
LBL = LIROS Break Load
Max SA = LIROS recommended Maximum Sail Area
WLS = LIROS stretch at working load
< = less than
- Purchase Type - 50 metre cut length
- Rope Fibre - Polyester
- Rope Diameter - 10mm
- Rope Diameter - 12mm
- Rope Diameter - 14mm
- Rope Diameter - 16mm
- Rope Diameter - 8mm
- Rope Diameter - 6mm
- Colour - Black
- Colour - Classic
- Colour - Blue
- Colour - Blue Grey
- Colour - Red
- Colour - Red Grey