LIROS 6mm Racer Dyneema - Sheets, Halyards, Control Lines
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - make your choice from the drop-down menus DETAILED CUSTOM BUILD INSTRUCTIONS
N.B. select a splice if you want to attach a fitting - a whipping is otherwise recommended to secure the end of the line
Liros Racer Dyneema is the proven, uncompromising choice for demanding Regatta Sailing, designed for the high loads on racing halyards, sheets and control lines
LIROS Racer article 02001 Specification and Construction:
Regatta Racing Performance - hard wearing, very low stretch, high load capacity line engineered for competitive racing in exacting conditions
- Cover: specially engineered 32plait (6mm, 8mm 24plait) spin-dyed high tenacity polyester
- Core: Braided Dyneema SK78 core, LIROS-Heat-Stretch-System, LIROS Coating System with a very thin extra traction layer
N.B. Jimmy Green normally supply LIROS Racer as a plain full colour with no LIROS marker yarnLIROS Dynamic Plus Article 02004 Cruising Dyneema SK78
LIROS Racer Diameters and Colours:
6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm - Full Colour (no LIROS tracer yarn) Black, Blue, Red and Silver
14mm - Full Colour (no LIROS tracer yarn) Blue
LIROS Racer Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- Very low stretch < 1.5% at working load
- High load capacity
- Excellent smooth handling
- Non kinking, balanced braiding
- Excellent holding power in cleats and clutches
- Good Grip around winches
- Solid shape retention around winches - firm, compact braid construction doesn't flatten
- Runs freely through blocks and sheaves
- Spliceable - advanced core dependent splice
- LIROS Coating System**
*LIROS-Heat-Stretch-System - unique LIROS pre-stretching process, calibrated under exacting temperature and tension conditions, designed to minimise stretch and enhance performance
**LIROS Coating System - polyurethane impregnation process improves resistance to abrasion and protects against UV damage by up to 50%.
LIROS Manufacturing Consistency:
The LIROS manufacturing process produces a balanced braid on braid construction with consistency second to none.
LIROS Manufacturing excellence is a result of:
- Meticulous attention to exacting standards
- Rigorous quality control
- Decades of experience
- Pro-active design and development team
- Scrupulous fibre resourcing
- Modern spacious factory
- Continuous investment in state of the art, computer programmed twisting and braiding machinery
Jimmy Green Rigging Team Splicing Advisory
The inner traction layer is not load bearing and a certain amount is removed as part of the core dependent splice resulting in a reduced diameter over a short length.
Although it looks thin, the strength of the splice and the rope is not compromised.
The Polyester cover can be permanently removed to produce a cover stripped Dyneema core only loop splice.
Snapshackles can then be retrofitted/changed over, attached using a simple a cow hitch - pass the loop through the eye of the shackle, over the top and back down to the rope end.
LIROS recommend using individual sail area as a benchmark for determining the optimum line diameter for your running rigging application.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team suggest that there are additional criteria that you may wish to factor in:
- Consider increasing the diameter to make handling more comfortable
- Check the capacity of alll associated fittings e.g. sheaves, blocks and winches
- Assess how hard you intend to work the rigging
- Prepare for the rigours of extended cruising
Each individual line should be capable of comfortably taking the anticipated strain, but it should also run smoothly and freely through your rigging system to avoid disproportionate effort, needless delay and excessive wear and tear.
LBL = LIROS Break Load
MAX SA = LIROS maximum recommended Sail Area in square metres
WLS = LIROS stretch at working load
< = less than
- Purchase Type - Custom Build
- Rope Fibre - Polyester/Dyneema
- Rope Diameter - 6mm
- Sail Area (Racing) - up to 10 m2
- Sail Area (Racing) - up to 20 m2
- Sail Area (Cruising) - up to 10 m2
- Sail Area (Cruising) - up to 20 m2
- Colour - Black
- Colour - Blue
- Colour - Red
- Colour - Silver