High Strength Force 7 Connector
Manufactured by Chaineries Limousines
End link for Grade 70 anchor chain
Grade 70 compatible rated break load
Hot dip galvanised body and pin
Factory applied blue thread locker compound
Force 7 Omega shackle-type, end-of-chain, connecting links are manufactured and hot dipped galvanised in France by renowned French chain manufacturer, Chaineries Limousines.
Omega Links are specially engineered to make the break load compatible with DAMS MF Grade 70 calibrated anchor chain.
Omega Force 7 Shackle Link - Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- Hot dip galvanised - no galvanic corrosion between galvanised anchor and chain
- Shackle type design facilitates articulation
- Size for size equivalent break load to Grade 70 anchor chain
- Specially engineered sleek lug profile - reduces the possibility of snagging over the bow rolller
- Innovative pin-locking shape
- Blue thread locker compound has been applied at the factory for initial secure tightening
Jimmy Green Advisory:
An anchor, chain and warp combination is only as strong as the weakest link.
Blue thread locking compound has been factory applied.
Medium strength Loc-Tite or similar blue thread locking compound is advisable on the thread as it is not possible to use seizing wire.
More blue thread locker compound can be applied at your discretion for reassembly N.B. NOT high strength thread locker
If you upgrade to DAMS Grade 70 high strength chain, there are stainless steel anchor to chain swivels available that have a comparable break load, but this is the only galvanised shackle-type option which will maintain the minimum breaking strain of your anchoring system.
The ample internal width and length dimensions provide the opportunity to increase the size of the anchor connecting shackle to accomplish the required breaking load.
The alternative is to use two Omega links back to back (crown to crown)
|Size||M = Pin Ø||A = Lug width||B = Inside Width||D = Crown Ø||E = Inside Length||S = Jaw Width|
N.B. D = Crown Ø = material thickness around the crown
MBL = Manufacturer Break Load
- Shackle Type - Bow Shackle
- Chain Size - 6mm
- Chain Size - 8mm
- Chain Size - 10mm
- Chain Finish - Hot Dipped Galvanised