- On sale!
Reel Ends ~ First Quality, no seconds
Pairs are unlikely to be available
You can add a matching line at the normal price per metre by purchasing the appropriate diameter line
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team optimise the use of as many reel ends as they can in servicing our custom build orders, but inevitably there are always some left on the shelf.
These are available at a reduced rate per metre.
Please note that if you are trying to add a pair to your basket, but the website is not responding, it means that there is only one length available.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team can add a splice to either end if required. The individual finish is available to purchase online:
LIROS Braid on Braid 'EVO' is the upgraded version of LIROS Braid on Braid 'Top Cruising'
Article 001522 White with colour coding ~ Article 01528 Full Colour
Cover: 20plait (6-8mm 16plait) high tensile low stretch polyester cover
Core: 100% high tensile low stretch 12 plait heat set polyester <5% Working Load Stretch
LIROS Braid on Baid has been the most popular choice for halyards on cruising yachts for decades and still is...
LIROS Braid on Braid can be used for sheets, halyards and control lines e.g. guys, reefing lines, tack lines, vangs/kickers, down/outhauls, furling lines, runner tails, preventers
LIROS Braid on Braid EVO has a 12 plait polyester core which delivers extra performance - more tensile strength and correspondingly less stretch under load
The LIROS manufacturing process produces a balanced braid on braid construction with consistency second to none:
LIROS Manufacturing = meticulous attention to exacting standards ~ decades of experience ~ modern factory with state of the art, computer programmed twisting and braiding machinery
The LIROS Engineering Team have developed and rigourously tested the EVO upgrade to ensure continued consistency and reliability with enhanced cruising performance
Braid on Braid EVO Plus Factors:
- Excellent handling
- Non kinking, balanced construction
- LIROS top quality consistency - core and cover in synchronised tension
- 20 plait 100% high tensile low stretch heat set polyester cover
- 12 Plait 100% high tensile low stretch heat set polyester core
- Long lasting
- Wear Resistant
- UV Stable
- Firm construction that doesn't flatten under load
- Excellent clutch and winch performance
- Spliceable to wire
- Stretch at working load < 5%
- Available in a wide selection of colour options: white with colour coding and full colour
LIROS recommend sail area as a benchmark for determining the optimum line diameter for your running rigging application.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team suggest that there are additional criteria that you may wish to factor in:
- Consider increasing the diameter to make handling more comfortable
- Check the capacity of all associated fittings e.g. sheaves, blocks and winches
- Assess how hard you intend to work the rigging
- Prepare for the rigours of extended cruising
LBL = LIROS Break Load
Max SA = LIROS recommended Maximum Sail Area
WLS = LIROS stretch at working load
< = less than
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team are happy to splice your existing shackles onto new halyards, sheets or control lines
- Purchase Type - Set Lengths
- Purchase Type - Clearance
- Colour - White
- Colour - Navy
- Colour - Classic
- Colour - Blue Code
- Colour - Red
- Colour - Red Code
- Colour - Yellow Code
- Colour - Green Code