LIROS Braid on Braid 'EVO' is the upgraded version of LIROS Braid on Braid 'Top Cruising' Article 001522 White with colour coding ~ Article 01528 Full Colour
Cover: 20 plait high tensile low stretch polyester cover
Core: 100% high tensile low stretch 12 plait heat set polyester <5% Working Load Stretch
N.B. 6mm has a 16 plait cover and an 8 plait core
LIROS Braid on Braid has been the most popular choice for halyards on cruising yachts for decades and still is... LIROS Braid on Braid can be used for sheets, halyards and control lines e.g. guys, reefing lines, tack lines, vangs/kickers, down/outhauls, furling lines, runner tails, preventers.
LIROS Braid on Braid EVO has a 12 plait polyester core which delivers extra performance - more tensile strength and correspondingly less stretch under load
The LIROS manufacturing process produces a balanced braid on braid construction with consistency second to none: LIROS Manufacturing = meticulous attention to exacting standards ~ decades of experience ~ modern factory with state of the art, computer programmed twisting and braiding machinery. The LIROS Engineering Team have developed and rigourously tested the EVO upgrade to ensure continued consistency and reliability with enhanced cruising performance.
LIROS Braid on Braid EVO Plus Factors:
- Maximum strength for 100% polyester
- Excellent handling
- Non kinking, balanced construction
- LIROS top quality consistency - core and cover in synchronised tension
- 20 plait 100% high tensile low stretch heat set polyester cover
- 12 Plait 100% high tensile low stretch heat set polyester core
- Long lasting
- Wear Resistant
- UV Stable
- Firm construction that doesn't flatten under load
- Excellent clutch and winch performance
- Spliceable to wire
- Stretch at working load < 5%
Available in a wide selection of colour options: white with colour coding and full colour
LIROS recommend the optimum line diameter for all your running rigging applications by maximum sail area.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team suggest that there are additional criteria that you may wish to factor in:
- Consider increasing the diameter to make handling more comfortable
- Check the capacity of all associated fittings e.g. sheaves, blocks, clutches and winches
- Assess how hard you intend to work the rigging
- Prepare for the rigours of extended cruising
Your halyard needs to be strong enough, but it also needs to run smoothly and freely through your rigging system to avoid disproportionate effort, needless delay and excessive wear and tear.
LBL = LIROS Break Load Max
SA = LIROS recommended Maximum Sail Area
WLS = LIROS stretch at working load < = less than
Recommended line diameter for all your running rigging applications by maximum sail area
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team are happy to splice your existing shackles onto new halyards.