12mm Chain Snubber with 20mm LIROS 3 Strand Nylon Strop
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - make your choice from the drop-down menus DETAILED CUSTOM BUILD INSTRUCTIONS
Scroll down for information and guide lines on anchor snubbing - N.B. stainless steel thimble eye splice will only fit on Kong Chain Gripper and Ultra Grab
Jimmy Green Anchor Chain Snubbing Lines are produced to order, in house, by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team from LIROS 3 Strand Nylon with the hook/grab of your choice.
They are therefore available for despatch subject to the current splicing lead time.
Specify your custom build snubbing strop with a choice of chain hook or grab to suit 12mm/13mm anchor chain, spliced to a LIROS 20mm 3 strand nylon line which has a break load slightly less than 12mm ISO4565 Grade 40 anchor chain.
Please consult the size chart in conjunction with the decision-making factors in our ANCHOR RODE SIZE GUIDE to establish the optimum anchor rode and suitable snubbing line for your yacht.
An anchor chain snubbing line or bridle is an essential part of anchoring in all conditions.
N.B. Chain hooks, grippers and grabs are designed to fit over one link to hold fast on the next link, and not through the link
Jimmy Green Anchor Snubbing Lines, Facts and Features:
- Snubbing absorbs the shock load when the anchor chain pulls tight
- Snubbing prevents potentially damaging anchor loads from reaching your windlass
- Snubbing softens the ride at anchor
- Chain hooks/grabs all slot over the chain, not through the link
- Plain in/out or retentive options
Jimmy Green Windlass Advisory
Allowing the windlass to take the strain of your anchor rode may result in damage to the windlass, or even the windlass letting go under load at precisely the wrong moment
Jimmy Green Anchor Chain Snubbing Specification Guidelines:
- Length - as long as practicable (5 or 6 metres is quite common) with a minimum 3 metres
- Strength - similar to your Anchor Chain and Warp
- The shock absorption qualities of the snubbing line will increase with greater length and reduced diameter
- Add a compensator to increase elasticity
- Add anti-chafe webbing for protecting against abrasion where the line passes through fairleads or over the bow roller
- If a stainless thimble will not fit and/or sit comfortably in the eye of the hook, a soft eye splice is advisable
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon Article 00110 Facts and Features:
- Manufactured from 100% high tenacity heat set Nylon (Polyamide) to DIN EN ISO 1140 standard (previously DIN EN 696, DIN 83330)
- Thermofixed twisted lay construction
- Dependable high strength
- Excellent durability, wear and abrasion resistance.
- UV stabilised
- Spliceable to chain
- > 20% working load stretch provides excellent shock absorption
- Excellent protection against snatch loads
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm ~ 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg - 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg
Available in: White and Navy - LIROS article 00110
Consult the JIMMY GREEN CHAIN SIZING INFORMATION to determine the size of your anchor chain without the need for callipers, using only a simple tape measure or ruler.
- Purchase Type - Custom Build