Anchor Warps Spliced to Chain - Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on how to custom build your combination anchor rode.
Follow these steps to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
Option 1 - Splicing Recommended
Select a finish for the bitter end of your warp - this is optional and can be left untouched if you are happy with a cut end to the rope for you to finish yourself
Consider how you are going to attach the warp on deck or in your chain locker.
This will depend on whether the strongpoint e.g. cleat, U bolt, eye plate will be used to take the full strain of the rode or only to prevent accidental loss overboard:
- Attaching to a mooring cleat - choose a Loop Splice
- Attaching to a U Bolt or Eye Plate
- with a knot - choose a whipping or heat sealing option
- with a shackle - choose an eye splice with or without a thimble N.B. galvanised thimbles tend to be very large and cumbersome
Option 2 - LIROS Rope Required - Pick a rope and enter your required length
Option 3 - Splicing Recommended
This option is required if you want the rope and chain spliced together.
For 3 strand there is only one splice option, but for Anchorplait there is a choice of splice - a long (11 link) splice or a shorter 1 link splice
The 11 link splice is not recommended by some windlass manufacturers for use on a rope/chain gypsy
The break load is slightly greater on the 1 link splice than the 11 link splice but the critical strands around the end link should be scrutinised regularly for signs of chafe.
The 11 link splice should also be regularly visually scanned for wear along all the interwoven strands including the whipped ends
Option 4 - Chain Required
Select your preferred chain and enter your required length (unless your option is a fixed length)
There are several options on chain calibration and manufacturer in the larger sizes
Combination Anchor Rode Summary
Once you have made a selection in all the drop down boxes available, the website will generate.
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall finished length
- a price including VAT
- Check the item is designed as you wish. You can alter any of the boxes and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Check that you have ordered the rode spliced together
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the green Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket.
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout.
- To view a short summary of the items you have selected, hover over the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage.
- To view a detailed description of the items you have selected, click on the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage or hover over Basketclick and click on Checkout.
- Shipping options are displayed in the basket - the default destination is a UK Mainland post code delivery address.
- Please log in to view shipping options to your personalised destination address.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check the rope and chain meticulously during the production process to ensure that it is 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund.