Anchor Warps Spliced to Chain - Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on any aspect of how to custom build your combination anchor rode.
Follow the Jimmy Green Custom Build process to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
Jimmy Green Combination Anchor Warps, Anchor rope spliced to chain
- Step 1 - Splicing, optional
Select a finish for the bitter end of your warp - this is optional and can be left untouched if you are happy with a cut end to the rope for you to finish yourself
Consider how you are going to attach the warp on deck or in your chain locker.
This will depend on whether the strongpoint e.g. cleat, U bolt, eye plate will be used to take the full strain of the rode or only to prevent accidental loss overboard:
- Attaching to a mooring cleat - choose a Loop Splice
- Attaching to a U Bolt or Eye Plate
- with a knot - choose a whipping or heat sealing option
- with a shackle - choose an eye splice with or without a thimble N.B. galvanised thimbles tend to be very large and cumbersome
- Step 2 - Rope, required - Pick a LIROS rope, a colour, and enter your required length
- Step 3 - Rope to chain Splice, required - This option is required otherwise the rope and chain will not be spliced together.
For 3 strand there is only one splice option, but for Anchorplait there is a choice of splice - a long (11 link) splice or a shorter 1 link splice
The 11 link splice is not recommended by some windlass manufacturers for use on a rope/chain gypsy
The break load is slightly greater on the 1 link splice than the 11 link splice but the critical strands around the end link should be scrutinised regularly for signs of chafe.
The 11 link splice should also be regularly visually scanned for wear along all the interwoven strands including the whipped ends
- Step 4 - Chain, Required
Select your preferred chain and enter your required length (unless your option is a fixed length)
There are several options on chain calibration and manufacturer in the larger sizes
Combination Anchor Rode Summary
Once you have made your selection in all the drop-down boxes available, our website will generate:
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall length
- a price including VAT, or excluding VAT if you are signed in with an export delivery address
Jimmy Green Rigging Team Whipping Advisory
If you don't need a splice, a whipping is advisable to prevent the end from unravelling and to maintain the integrity of the rope construction.
We offer a heat sealing option which melts and moulds the end of the rope, and the additional option of a heat shrink band to keep the end of the line bound together.
However, these are only temporary solutions, and a proper whipping is always recommended to guarantee the integrity of the line.
Of course, we understand that you may wish to apply the finishing touch yourself, and we sell all the Fids, Tools and Whipping Twines to add to your onboard service kit.
The Next Custom Build Steps:
- Check the item is designed as you wish - You can change any of your options and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Add any notes in the editable box provided, if required
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the orange Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket.
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout.
- To view the items you have selected, go to your basket or direct to checkout.
- Shipping options are displayed in the basket - the default destination is a UK Mainland post code delivery address.
- Please log in to view shipping options to your personalised destination address.
Additional Notes for your Custom Build
You can add a note for your own benefit or to advise the Rigging Team of a specific requirement.
This note will appear in the product description in your basket
- Add a name for identifying your selection
- Splice on a fitting that is not in the custom build drop down menu
- Request a different loop length
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check the rope and chain meticulously during the production process to ensure that it is 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund.
Anchor Warps Spliced to Chain
Video Tutorial - How to use the Custom Build Tool