Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are very happy to help you to build and order custom products to your bespoke requirements.
Follow these general steps to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself.
- Make your selection for each available option
- Remember to enter a length
Once you have made a selection from the drop down boxes available, the website will generate:
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall length
- a price including VAT and any current applicable discount
N.B. The website will accept a length to 3 decimal points. However, this is not practicable for the majority of custom products.
For critical applications, the Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim for a bearing edge to bearing edge measurement which is accurate to within + or - the diameter of the wire or rope.
All ropes stretch to some extent under load.
Please allow for stretch under load when determining your finished length.
- Check the item is designed as you wish. You can alter any of the boxes and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the green Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket.
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout.
- To view a short summary of the items you have selected, hover over the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage.
- To view a detailed description of the items you have selected, click on the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage or hover over Basket and click on Checkout.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team Finished Length Process
- Splice or terminate one end
- Secure the finished end to a bearing edge pin
- Lay the the wire, rope or webbing out straight against the fixed tape measure
- Calculate and mark the bearing edge point for the termination at the other end
- Finish the second end
- Check the finished, bearing edge to bearing edge length against your order
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check the rope, wire or webbing meticulously during the production process to ensure that it is 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
The finished length is measured from the bearing edge to the bearing edge = the inside face of a loop/thimble where e.g. a shackle pin would take the load and therefore NOT the overall outside length.
The splicing price includes the extra rope required to make the splice and meet the overall finished length.
The wire terminal price includes the hydraulic termination process, either Cabco Talurit Press or Wire Technik Roller Swaging.
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled or returned for a refund.