Wire to Rope Halyards - Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on any aspect of the custom build process for ordering your wire to rope halyards.
Follow the Jimmy Green Custom Build process to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
- Option 1 - Pick a shackle, if required - not making a selection will result in no fitting being added
- Option 2 - Select a suitable wire termination
- Option 3 - Select the wire and enter your finished length - This should be the length from the bearing edge of the talurit eye up to and including the wire inside the wire to rope splice
- Option 4 - Select the wire to rope splice - this is a required field
- Option 5 - Pick a rope, colour and enter your finished length - We will add the extra rope required to make the splice
- Option 6 - Select a finish for the other end - not making a selection will result in a basic heat gun cut
Once you have made your selection from all the drop down boxes available, the website will generate:
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall length
- a price including VAT, or excluding VAT if you are signed in with an export delivery address
Jimmy Green Custom Build Running Rigging Advisory
The website will accept a length to 3 decimal points. However, this is not usually practicable.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim for a bearing edge to bearing edge measurement which is accurate to within + or - the diameter of the line.
However, Jimmy Green Marine will only accept responsibility for bearing edge to bearing edge measurements to within 2 x + or - the diameter of the line.
In practical terms, the wire measurement is only critical to the nearest 50mm, and the rope part can be specified a little overlong to ensure that itsn't too short.
For a wire to rope halyard, it is advisable to check the wire measurement carefully to optimise the maximum length possible without the end of the wire turning round the winch.
Jimmy Green Rigging Team Whipping Advisory
A whipping is advisable to prevent the end from unravelling and to maintain the integrity of the rope construction.
This not only prevents the end from fraying, but also keeps the the two parts of the line in synchronised tension.
If the core and cover can move independently, the line integrity of the line will be compromised.
We offer a heat sealing option which melts and moulds the end of the rope, and the additional option of a heat shrink band to keep the end of the line bound together.
However, these are only temporary solutions, and a proper whipping is always recommended to guarantee the integrity of the line.
Of course, we understand that you may wish to apply the finishing touch yourself, and we sell all the FIDS, TOOLS AND WHIPPING TWINES to add to your onboard service kit.
The Next Steps:
- Check the item is designed as you wish. You can alter any of the boxes and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the green Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout
- To view the items you have selected, go to your basket or direct to checkout
Additional Notes for your Custom Build
You can add a note for your own benefit or to advise the Rigging Team of a specific requirement.
This note will appear in the product description in your basket
- Add a name for identifying your selection
- Splice on a fitting that is not in the custom build drop down menu
- Request a talurit loop size
Jimmy Green Additional Fitting Advisory
When a fitting is requested from outside the custom build process, it will be assumed that the finished length is measured to the bearing edge of the additional fitting(s)
In other words, the finished length will include any shackles, hooks or fittings.
The same principle applies to special requests for different lengths of loop.
Wire to Rope Additional Information
Ideally the wire should not quite reach the halyard winch because if the wire goes around the winch under load it will eventually take up the same shape as the drum.
N.B. The length of the wire should include the wire inside the wire to rope splice.
Calculate your required rope tail length from the end of the wire i.e. we will add the 75cm required to make the splice.
The colour of the ball on the talurit splice will match the rope colour as far as practicable.
The wire to rope splicing price includes the extra rope required to make the splice and meet the overall finished length.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check your rope and wire meticulously during the production process to ensure that it is 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund.