Wire to Rope Halyards - Custom Build Instructions
The Jimmy Green Rigging Sales Team are happy to advise you on building your wire to rope halyards
Follow these steps to get an instant quote and complete the order yourself
Select Option 1 - Pick a shackle, if required
Select Option 2 - Choose a suitable wire termination
Select Option 3 - Select the wire and enter your finished length. This should be the length including the wire inside the wire to rope splice
Select Option 4 - Select the wire to rope splice
Select Option 4 - Pick a rope and enter your finished length. We will add the extra rope required to make the splice
Select Option 5 - Choose a suitable finish for the other end or click on Not Required if all you want is a simple cut with a heat gun
Select Option 6 - Pick a shackle, if required
Once you have made a selection in all the drop down boxes available, the website will generate:
- a picture version of what you have chosen
- an overall length
- a price including VAT and any current applicable discount
The website will accept a length to 3 decimal points. However, this is not usually practicable.
For critical applications, the Jimmy Green Rigging Team aim for a bearing edge to bearing edge measurement which is accurate to within + or - the diameter of the rope or wire.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team err on the generous side when measuring out rope for sheets, halyards and longer control lines.
- Check the item is designed as you wish. You can alter any of the boxes and the website will update the picture and the price.
- Check the quantity that you want to purchase and click the green Add to Basket button to put it in your shopping basket.
- Select Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout.
- To view a short summary of the items you have selected, hover over the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage.
- To view a detailed description of the items you have selected, click on the pale green Basket icon in the green banner, top right of the webpage or hover over Basket and click on Checkout.
Wire to Rope Additional Information
Ideally the wire should not quite reach the halyard winch because if the wire goes around the winch under load it will eventually take up the same shape as the drum.
N.B. The length of the wire should include the wire inside the wire to rope splice.
Calculate your required rope tail length from the end of the wire i.e. we will add the 75cm required to make the splice.
The colour of the ball on the talurit splice will match the rope colour as far as practicable.
The wire to rope splicing price includes the extra rope required to make the splice and meet the overall finished length.
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team undertake to check your rope and wire meticulously during the production process to ensure that it is 100% First Quality.
The Jimmy Green Despatch Team make a second thorough quality inspection of each item, including a careful check that it matches your order, before packing it into your parcel.
Please take extra care when ordering because once a bespoke item has been started (cut) it can neither be cancelled nor returned for a refund. Returns