Consult the Jimmy Green Mooring Strop Size Guide following the instructions below
Single or Double Point Mooring Configuration
1. Find the column in the table that best represents your Boat Length Overall
2. Compare your displacement with the tonnage listed.
3. If it is greater than displayed in your column in the table, consider moving across to the next column to increase the diameter.
4. Take advice on local conditions and check the benchmark size from the table against other similar sized boats moored in your area.
5. Have a good look at the mooring configurations on neighbouring yachts with a critical eye and judge whether your set up should be the same
6. Consider whether you can make any improvements in terms of mooring convenience and anti chafe measures
For multiple point permanent mooring warps e.g. pontoon berth
Use the Mooring Warp Size Guide
as a benchmark and consider whether local conditions dictate a diameter upgradeLIROS 3 Strand Nylon Article 00110 - Manufactured from 100% high tenacity heat set Nylon (Polyamide) to DIN EN ISO 1140 standard (previously DIN EN 696, DIN 83330)
- Thermofixed twisted lay construction
- Dependable high strength
- Excellent durability, wear and abrasion resistance.
- UV stabilised.
- Spliceable to cchain
- > 20% working load stretch provides excellent shock absorption
- Excellent protection against snatch loads
LIROS Break Load: 8mm 1440kg ~ 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm ~ 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg - 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg ~ 30mm 17400kg
White and Navy - LIROS article 00110
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon has the same strength and stretch properties as LIROS Octoplait Nylon 01058 but is less expensive.
However, nylon shrinks when immersed in water causing the twisted lay to tighten, especially in larger diameters.
Overall, a very strong and stretchy mooring warp that represents exceptionally good value when used for semi-permanent mooring lines but not usually recommended for frequently adjusted and stowed mooring warps due to the stiffening of the line over its lifetime.
Do not use as a single strop on a swinging mooring as the swing may untwist the lay of the rope (cockling)
Simply use the drop down menus to build the item of your choice and get an instant quote.