LIROS 3 Strand Nylon is an excellent solution for mooring where a yacht is unable to swing through a complete circle.
Custom build your strop online to a specific finished length with a thimble eye or loop spliced into each end.
Mooring Strop Size Guide for a Single or Double Point Mooring Configuration (Permanent Anchor Mooring)
- Single Point generally means a Swinging Mooring - Jimmy Green Advisory - Use Anchorplait Nylon for Swing Moorings
- Double Point could be e.g. Fore and Aft between piles
Follow the Jimmy Green selection process to estimate the optimum rope diameter for your mooring:
- Find the column in the table below that best represents your Boat Length Overall.
- Compare your displacement with the tonnage listed.
- If the displacement is greater than displayed in your column in the table, or the yacht is a multihull, consider moving across to the next column to increase the diameter.
- Take advice on local conditions and check the benchmark size from the table below against other similar sized boats moored in your area.
- Have a good look at the mooring configurations on neighbouring yachts with a critical eye and judge whether your set up should be the same.
- Consider whether you can make any improvements in terms of mooring convenience and anti chafe measures.
Jimmy Green Rope Diameter Benchmark Guide for Single/Double Point Mooring Strops
|Yacht Length Overall
||< 5 metres
||5 - 6 metres
||6 - 8 metres
||8 - 10 metres
||10 - 12 metres
||12 - 14 metres
||14 - 16 metres
|Aproximate length in feet
||< 16 feet
||16- 20 feet
||20 - 26 feet
||26 - 33 feet
||33 - 40 feet
||40 - 46 feet
||46 - 53 feet
|Displacement in Tonnes
Use the charts above as a benchmark and consider whether local conditions dictate a diameter upgrade for your individual yacht and berthing arrangement.
N.B. Deploying more lines can reduce the total loading on each warp or act as security back up.
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon Article 00110
Manufactured from 100% high tenacity heat set Nylon (Polyamide) to DIN EN ISO 1140 standard (previously DIN EN 696, DIN 83330)
- Thermofixed twisted lay construction
- Dependable high strength
- Excellent durability, wear and abrasion resistance.
- UV stabilised.
- Spliceable to cchain
- > 20% working load stretch provides excellent shock absorption
- Excellent protection against snatch loads
LIROS Break Load: 8mm 1440kg ~ 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm ~ 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg - 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg ~ 30mm 17400kg
Available in: White and Navy - LIROS article 00110
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon has the same strength and stretch properties as LIROS Octoplait Nylon 01058 but is less expensive. However, nylon shrinks when immersed in water causing the twisted lay to tighten, especially in larger diameters. Overall, this line makes a very strong and stretchy mooring warp that represents exceptionally good value when used for semi-permanent mooring lines. It is not usually recommended for frequently adjusted and stowed mooring warps due to the stiffening of the line over its lifetime.
Do not use as a single strop on a swinging mooring as the swing may untwist the lay of the rope (cockling) Rope Cockling
Make your selection in the drop down menus to build a mooring strop to your specification and get an instant quote:
Custom Build Instructions - Mooring Warps and Strops