Finished in durable rip stop fabric
Simple to adjust buckles
Hammar Hydrostatic inflation
Optional Harness Release System (HRS)
Limited stock available - please check before ordering.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery
Deckvest Vito Features
- 170N or 275N buoyancy with Hammar® hydrostatic automatic inflator
- Structured fit allows easy donning with simple to adjust buckles
- Course and fine tune adjustment. Fit lifejacket to body size.
- Fine tune adjust each time for layers
- Added protection in high impact areas
- New style structured sprayhood to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
- Pylon Lifejacket Light™ – high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head & water
- Lume-On™ - Lifejacket bladder illumination lights included
- Wider 40mm leg strap with stowage
Inflation System: Hammar® Hydrostatic Automatic Inflator
The Hammar® inflation system is activated by water pressure and will not inflate until the cap is approximately 10cm underwater.
This system is designed for use in more extreme conditions and extended offshore sailing.
The benefit of the Hammar® system is that the jacket cannot accidentally inflate from being wet with rain and sea spray.
The unit has a single indicator to show if armed.
Delayed inflation can be caused if full immersion of the firing head is delayed by buoyant foul weather clothing.
What is HRS?
Spinlock still considers a knife to be an essential piece of carried equipment. However, we have yet to develop a reliable consistent safety line clip release system. Instead, we are focused on developing a release system of the actual lifejacket harness. Testing showed that the harness release system needed to be simple to understand, simple to use and simple to maintain as well as reliable over the lifetime of the lifejacket. At the same time, the harness release system must meet the requirements of the ISO12402 approval.
The Spinlock Harness Release System (HRS) is a new innovation which enables the wearer to disconnect from the safety line by releasing a lever behind the soft loop safety line attachment point of the lifejacket harness.
Staying connected to the boat is undoubtedly safer than being in the water and use of a safety line is actively encouraged. However, in the event of a fall overboard, a casualty can find themselves being dragged/trapped alongside or behind the vessel. A situation which can be hard to be released from.
Read more about the HRS development here.
- Activation handle located behind soft loop, easy to locate, grab and pull
- Soft loop attachment released and open
- User separated from safety line and boat
- Easily reset to use again
Through Life Support
Registering your Deckvest gives you the benefit of Spinlock's unique online support, to help ensure that your lifejacket is reliably maintained.
Lifejacket warranty is extended to 5 years upon registration*
- Prompts for winter care, storage and pre-season safety checks
- Access to latest online support and advice
- Updates on MOB prevention and advice
Deckvest VITO is approved to the following international standards:
- CE Approved
- ISO 12402-3 Lifejacket (170N)
- ISO 12401 Deck Harness
- Clothing Category - Sailing
- Buoyancy - 170 N
- Size - Adult
- Lifejacket Features - Hammar Hydrostatic Inflation
- Lifejacket Features - Light
- Gender - Unisex