DynIce Dux is a heat-set 12 strand synthetic fibre Dyneema® line which, according to Hampidjan, outperforms other Dyneema® SK75, SK78 and SK99 versions.
The Hampidjan special engineering process removes all the constructional elongation during manufacture making it much stronger while delivering less stretch and creep.
Hampidjan have named this rope Dux because it loosely translates from Latin to mean the top of the class.
DynIce Dux is manufactured by Hampidjan Yachting Ropes, a forward thinking rope production company with a focus firmly on relentless product development, founded in Iceland in 1934.
The outstanding performance of DynIce Dux is the result of unrelenting development by the Hampidjan design and engineering team. DynIce Dux has rapidly become the logical choice for sailboat rigging professionals.
Hampidjan Group headquarters, a modern 6500 square metre facility located on the main harbour waterfront in Reykjavik, Iceland
Hampidjan main production, a 21500 square metre state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located on the Baltic in Lithuania
Hampidjan Fibre Rigging Advisory
For use as a replacement for wire standing rigging, Dynice Dux must be specified so that the working load is less than 20% of the breaking strain of the line to eliminate creep completely. This generally means that the DynIce Dux will be a larger diameter than the wire it replaces.
DynIce Dux Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- Super enhanced Dyneema® SK75
- 12 strand hollowbraid construction
- Solid, compacted composition
- Near zero constructional stretch and creep
- Inspection for deterioration by visual examination
- Exceptional spliced strength - very close to the line break load
- Extremely high break load, stronger size for size than any other dyneema 12 strand line
- Zero water absorption
- Ideal for wire replacement
- Exclusive Heat-set Dyneema® SK75 technique eliminates constructional elongation
- Manufactured in a modern rope factory by Hampidjan Ropes
The Jimmy Green Performance Chart for Hampidjan DynIce Dux
Weight = kg per 100 metres
MBL = Manufacturer Break Load - Hampidjan rated Linear Strength in kg , tested in accordance with ISO2307/EN919
Spliced Strength = Hampidjan rated break load after splicing
DynIce Dux Data from Hampidjan - PDF All DYNICE Yacht Ropes from Hampidjan - PDF