Jimmy Green Devon Flags
Screen printed flag on top quality 100% polyester woven bunting
Not the shiny cheaper fabric
Available in three sizes - 1/2, 3/4 and 1 yard
Flag of Devon
Jimmy Green Devon Flags, screen printed on top quality 100% polyester woven bunting, not the shiny cheaper fabric
- 3 sizes 1/2, 3/4 and 1 yard (traditional diagonal measurement)
- Sizes are nominal and may vary slightly due to the nature of the production/sewing process.
- Screen printed on one piece of flag fabric
- Excellent definition
- Top quality UV resistant 100% polyester woven bunting
- Colourfast and fade resistant
- Hoist reinforced with special flag webbing tape
- Braided line sewn into the integral hoist tape creating a loop at the top and a distance line at the bottom
- Finished with twin stitched hems (outside edges)
The Devon Flag is dedicated to Saint Petroc, a local saint with several links to the county of Devon.
A relatively young flag design, first talked about in 2002. A competition was organised by BBC Radio Devon asking the public to design the flag for the county.
The winning design by Ryan Sealey was launched in 2003 and recevied offical recognition in 2006. The flag is now regularly seen across the county.
The Devon flag colours were choose to represent feaures from the county, green for the many hills found in Devon, the black represents the high and windswept moors and the white represents the salt spray of Devon's two coastlines.
Green is was also selected because it is the colour of the county’s rugby team, the official colour of Exeter University, and is the colour of Plymouth Argyle FC.
- Flag Size - 1/2 Yard
- Flag Size - 3/4 Yard
- Flag Size - 1 Yard