Standard 10:1 Holding Power
Dyneema core, polyester covered line
with instructions on forming a becket
Super lightweight, no hard shackle
Load sensitive ratchet mechanism
Select by Sheave diameter:
40mm or 57mm
Harken Ratchet Blocks help the crew to handle heavier loads, providing supreme handling for mainsheet and spinnaker systems on beachcats, dinghies and sportsboats.
Harken standard ratchamatic sheaves maintain a secure grip on the line by means of eight specially designed facets.
Facets are the angled concave shapes formed specifically to grip the line under load.
They act a bit like the pockets in a chain gypsy (although far less pronounced).
The faceted sheave allows a loaded sheet to be hand-held, yet still allow instant easing with control.
The crew can hand-hold main, jib, and spinnaker sheets with only a faction of the effort that a regular block requires.
Standard Holding Power - 10:1
Standard Holding Power sheaves are black anodised for identification:
Holding power varies according to sheave size and type.
40mm and 57 mm Ratchamatic blocks with eight-sided faceted sheaves can provide up to 10:1 holding power.
You can look at this in two different ways:
- The crew can withstand 10 times more load than on a normal block without the sail winning :-)
- The crew will only need 10% of the effort to withstand the same load on a normal block (10kg of force requires only 1kg holding power)
Harken Ratchamatic Block Design and Construction features:
- Super lightweight parts
- Composite fibre-reinforced sideplates
- Hardcoat anodised aluminium sheave
- Lightweight soft-attach method
- Minimal moving parts in the ratcheting mechanism
Harken T2 Carbo Ratchamatic Plus Factors:
- Lashing allows ratchet adjustment close to the deck
- Splicing with a large diameter line uses the tail to fasten the block at the height needed for a fairlead
- Pressure on the line engages the ratchet mechanism, which switches seamlessly from free running to ratchet mode
- Unloaded main and jib sheets run out freely during mark roundings and asymmetrical spinnaker sheets become free to run instantly during gybes
- T2 ratchamatic blocks are clearly labelled with high contrast directional markers for correct reeving and trimming direction
- A becket can be formed by passing the line through the mouth of the block and making two becket loops, detailed instructions come with the block
|Harken||Block||Holding Power||Break Load||Maximum Line Diameter||Weight||Harken|
|2159||40mm Carbo Ratchamatic - T2 Soft-attach||10:1||454kg||10mm||25g||2159|
|2160||57mm Carbo Ratchamatic - T2 Soft-attach||10:1||907kg||10mm||71g||2160|
- Block Size - 40 mm
- Block Size - 57 mm