LIROS 10mm 3 Strand Nylon Spliced to 6mm Chain
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - Highlight your choice from the drop down menus - DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
The finish on the Bitter End (first box) is optional - the Rope to Chain Splice is a required field (third box)
LIROS 10mm 3 strand Nylon Spliced to 6mm DIN766 Grade 40 Calibrated Anchor Chain, prepared in house by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team.
Consult the information and size chart in our ANCHORING SYSTEM ASSESSMENT to establish the most suitable specification and length for your motor or sailing yacht, considering the application - Bower, Second or Kedge anchor - your intended cruising plans - and your reliance on anchoring.
The Bitter End
Consider how you are going to attach the warp on deck or in your chain locker.
This will depend on whether the strongpoint e.g. cleat, U bolt, eye plate will be used to take the full strain of the rode or only to prevent accidental loss overboard:
- Finishing the rope yourself - no selection required, the rope will just be cut with a heat gun
- Attaching to a mooring cleat - choose a Loop Splice
- Attaching to a U Bolt or Eye Plate
- with a knot - choose a whipping or heat sealing option
- with a shackle - choose an eye splice with or without a thimble N.B. galvanised thimbles tend to be very large and cumbersome
Jimmy Green 3 strand Rope to Chain Splicing Advisory:
- 3 Strand Nylon is attached to chain using a 1 link splice - a crown splice formed around the last link of the chain.
- The 1 link splice is very strong but the critical strands around the end link should be scrutinised regularly for signs of chafe.
- Most windlass manufacturers recommend 3 strand warps for use on rope/chain gypsies.
- This is a required field in the custom build process
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon Article 00110 Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- 100% Nylon (Polyamide) manufactured to DIN EN ISO 1140 Standard (previously DIN EN 696, DIN 83330)
- Heat set twisted lay construction offers the same strength and stretch properties as the 8 strand, Octoplait version
- Less expensive than Anchorplait but may suffer a little from stiffness once used in water, especially in the bigger sizes
- Good UV stability
- Excellent wear and abrasion resistance
- Overall, a good anchor warp that will run smoothly over a rope/chain gypsy
- Available in White and Navy
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm ~ 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg - 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg ~ 30mm 17400kg
Jimmy Green 6mm DIN766 MF Grade 40 Hot Dip Galvanised Calibrated Anchor Chain, sourced exclusively from MF Catenificio Frigerio
MF Catenificio chain is manufactured, hot dip galvanised and proof tested in their modern research, test and production facility located near Lecco, Lake Como, Italy.
MF Calibrated Anchor Chain features enhanced Solid Zinc Galvanising treatment with greater micron depth and prolonged protection against corrosion.
For more information on MF calibrated anchor chain: MF GRADE 40 CALIBRATED ENHANCED SOLID ZINC HOT DIP GALVANISED ANCHOR CHAIN
6mm DIN766 Grade 40 Calibrated Anchor Chain sourced from William Hackett Ltd, respected UK manufacturers and distributors of chain since 1892
For more information on 6mm William Hackett Grade 40 anchor chain: WILLIAM HACKETT GRADE 40 HOT DIP GALVANISED CALIBRATED ANCHOR CHAIN
- Purchase Type - Custom Build
- Rope Fibre - Nylon
- Rope Diameter - 10mm
- Chain Size - 6mm
- Boat Size (Anchoring) - 5-6 metres up to 1 tonne