LIROS 12mm Octoplait Polyester Spliced to 7mm Chain
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - Highlight your choice from the drop down menus - DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
The finish on the Bitter End (first box) is optional - the Rope to Chain Splice is a required field (third box)
LIROS 12mm Octoplait Polyester Spliced to 7mm DIN766 Grade 40 Calibrated Anchor Chain, prepared in house by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team.
Consult the information and size chart in our ANCHORING SYSTEM ASSESSMENT to establish the most suitable specification and length for your motor or sailing yacht, considering the application - Bower, Second or Kedge anchor - your intended cruising plans - and your reliance on anchoring.
The Bitter End
Consider how you are going to attach the warp on deck or in your chain locker.
This will depend on whether the strongpoint e.g. cleat, U bolt, eye plate will be used to take the full strain of the rode or only to prevent accidental loss overboard:
- Finishing the rope yourself - no selection required, the rope will just be cut with a heat gun
- Attaching to a mooring cleat - choose a Loop Splice
- Attaching to a U Bolt or Eye Plate
- with a knot - choose a whipping or heat sealing option
- with a shackle - choose an eye splice with or without a thimble N.B. galvanised thimbles tend to be very large and cumbersome
LIROS Octoplait Polyester Article 01047/01049 Facts, Freatures and Plus Factors
- Available in LIROS Article: 01047 = White -Article 01049 = black or navy
- 100% Polyester
- Octoplait, Square Braid construction
- Balanced braiding - 8 strands, 2 pairs left hand, 2 pairs right hand
- Flakes like chain
- Symmetrical structure prevents twist under tension
- No twist under tension
- Non kinking
- Spliceable to chain
- Octoplait will not cockle (unlay itself)
- Superlative UV durability
- Reliable load capacity and tough wear resistance
- Retains flexibility throughout working life
- Excellent abrasion performance
- > 15% Working Load Stretch provides good shock absorption
Anchorplait/Octoplait is the rope that won't cockle
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2000kg ~ 12mm 2400kg ~ 14mm 3800kg ~ 16mm ~ 4700kg ~ 18mm 5800kg - 20mm 7600kg ~ 24mm 11600kg
Jimmy Green Octoplait (8 Strand) to Chain Splicing Advisory
The rope to chain splice is required to complete your anchor rode
- Octoplait can be attached to chain using a long (11 link) splice or a shorter 1 link splice
- The 11 link splice is not recommended by some windlass manufacturers for use on a rope/chain gypsy
- The break load is slightly greater on the 1 link splice than the 11 link splice but the critical strands around the end link should be scrutinised regularly for signs of chafe.
- The 11 link splice should also be regularly visually scanned for wear along all the interwoven strands including the whipped ends
- This is a required field in the custom build process
Jimmy Green MF Grade 40 Hot Dip Galvanised Calibrated Anchor Chain is sourced exclusively from MF Catenificio Frigerio, Italy
MF Catenificio chain is manufactured, hot dip galvanised and proof tested in their modern research, test and production facility located near Lecco, Lake Como, Italy.
The proof load testing process ensures that each individual weld has been completed successfully.
MF Calibrated Anchor Chain features enhanced Solid Zinc Galvanising treatment with greater micron depth and prolonged protection against corrosion.
MBL = Manufacturer Break Load
Weight = weight in kg per metre
For more information on MF Chain: MF GRADE 40 SOLID ZINC HOT DIP GALVANISED CALIBRATED ANCHOR CHAIN
- Purchase Type - Custom Build
- Rope Fibre - Polyester
- Rope Diameter - 12mm
- Chain Size - 7mm
- Boat Size (Anchoring) - 6-8 metres up to 2.5 tonnes