Light weight, slim profile boom support
Obviates the need for a topping lift
Excellent reliability record
Durable, stylish finish
6 sizes for yachts up to 12 metres
Barton Boomstruts support the weight of the main boom rendering the topping lift redundant.
N.B. Depending on the specification of the line, an existing topping lift may serve as a spare halyard.
The Barton Boomstrut concept is based on a cleverly designed, patented flexing spring which is extremely responsive to changes in the load exerted by the vang purchase system and also applies a stablilising, constant upward pressure to the boom.
The patented flexible spring is manufactured from two coated GRP (fibreglass) rods.
Tightening the vang purchase system pulls the boom down and forces the rods into an upward curve.
Releasing the vang allows the rods to straighten which lifts and supports the boom.
The Boomstrut mounts independently inside the existing kicking strap tackle.
The Barton design engineers have taken great care to eliminate sharp edges, minimise moving parts and provide for simple installation and trouble-free long term use.
Barton Boomstrut Features:
- Six sizes suitable for yachts up to 12 metres (40 feet) length overall
- Extremely durable
- Marine Grade Stainless Steel and Spectro Grey Anodised Aluminium
- Stylish, slim profile
- Maintenance free
- Proven design
- Patented responsive, stabilising flexible spring
- Eliminates friction and sliding parts
- Light weight
- Less weight aloft
- Less windage
- Easy installation - no need to replace or move your existing hardware
- Supplied with complete fitting instructions
- To eliminate drilling, the mast bracket end can be slotted into the luff groove on the mast
- Contoured boom bracket to match flat or round boom profiles
|Pin to pin length
|Max rod reduction
|Max initial adjustment
Pin to pin length = actual length of the boomstrut
Max rod reduction = The maximum amount the boomstrut rods can be shortened in order to fit inside the vang area.
Max initial adjustment = The maximum amount of available pin-to-pin travel when flexed.
Force = The downward pressure that the boomstrut will support at the point of the boom fitting attchment.