Para Anchor Warps are made from top quality LIROS Octoplait Nylon, 100 metres of line finished with a stainless steel thimble eye splice at each end.
The Professional Finish is applied by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team.
The thimble eye splices facilitate a simple but strong connection to the bridle and the Para Anchor with a suitably strong certified stainless steel shackle.
Para Anchor Warps should be long enough to provide good stretch so that the load builds up gradually on the rode instead of shock loading.
LIROS Octoplait (squareline) nylon has the required stretch properties and balanced construction.
3 strand rope is not advisable because it may be liable to twist and cockle when under load.
As a rule of thumb, your Para Anchor warp should be at least comparable in strength to your bower anchor rode.
Jimmy Green Yacht Drogue Warps Facts and Features:
- LIROS Octoplait Nylon, see attributes below
- 100 metres less the amount of rope required for the two splices
- Stainless steel thimble spliced into both ends
- Produced in house by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team
Guide to Sizing:
- Coastal 9 / Global 12 - 16mm diameter
- Tasman 15 / Bass Strait 18 - 18mm diameter
- Pacific 20 - 20mm diameter
- Southern 24 - 24mm diameter
LIROS Octoplait White Nylon article 01058:
- 8 strand construction (2 pairs left hand, 2 pairs right hand) gives a balanced performance and no twist under tension
- Flakes like chain
- Spliceable to chain
- Anchorplait is the rope that won't cockle
- High strength and abrasion resistance
- UV stabilised
- Retains flexibility throughout working life
- > 20% working load stretch provides excellent shock absorption
LIROS specify their manufacturer minimum break loads in Deka newtons = DaN
DaN = Deka newtons
1 Deka newton DaN actually = 1.01971621297793 (approximately 1.02) kg
01058 / 01058JG - 1000 = 2600 daN
01058 / 01058JG - 1200 = 3400 daN
01058 / 01058JG - 1400 = 4500 daN
01058 / 01058JG - 1600 = 5900 daN
01058 / 01058JG - 1800 = 7200 daN
01058 / 01058JG - 2000 = 8200 daN
01058 - 2400 = 11800daN
LIROS Break Load converted to Kg from DaN at 1:1.02 =
10mm 2652kg ~ 12mm 3468kg ~ 14mm 4590kg ~ 16mm ~ 6018kg ~ 18mm 7344kg - 20mm 8364kg ~ 24mm 12036kg
- Purchase Type - Set Lengths