16mm Small Boat Strop with Snap Shackle
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - make your selection from the drop-down menus. Custom Build Instructions
A quick ergonomic attachment to a mooring buoy makes the whole mooring process much easier for Small Boats and RIBS.
There are several options for the boat end:
- Soft Loop made off on a cleat
- Soft loop cow-hitched directly onto the U-bolt or eye plate
- Stainless steel thimble eye attached by a stainless shackle to the U-Bolt or eye plate
Choose from our range of premium snap shackles and carabiners, and select your splicing options.
Please ensure that you select a compatible splicing option for the quick attachment - the eye on some carabiners and snap shackles will not accept a stainless steel thimble.
Single-point mooring strops should be sized according to the permanent mooring guide. Please refer to the section on permanent single-point mooring systems in the guide:
|Yacht Length Overall||Tender||< 5 metres||5 - 6 metres||6 - 8 metres|
|Approximate length in feet||< 12 feet||< 16 feet||16- 20 feet||20 - 26 feet|
|Displacement in Tonnes||0.3 tonnes||0.6 tonnes||1 tonnes||2.5 tonnes|
LIROS Anchorplait ® White Nylon Article 01058JG - 100% Nylon (Polyamide) - Facts, Features and Plus Factors
Anchorplait ® is a Jimmy Green Marine UK Registered Trademark.
Anchorplait® is manufactured exclusively by LIROS Ropes for Jimmy Green Marine.
Anchorplait® features Easy Splice Markers designed by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team.
- 100% Nylon (Polyamide)
- UV stabilised
- Square braid construction
- Balanced braiding
- The eight-strand construction (two pairs left hand, two pairs right hand) ensures a balanced performance and no twist under tension
- Falls and flakes like a chain
- Dependable, robust strength
- Reliable durability
- Excellent weathering and wear resistance
- Remains flexible for the duration of its working life
- Supreme Shock Absorbing Elongation, >20% working load stretch
- Spliceable for robust, secure attachment at both ends
LIROS Anchorplait and Octoplait Nylon Break Load in daN: 12mm 3300daN - 14mm 4400daN - 16mm 5600daN - 18mm 7000daN
LIROS specify their minimum break loads in Dekanewtons (DaN)
Kg force is a more recognisable illustration of strength, so you can convert the LIROS DaN values as follows:
1 Dekanewton = approximately 1.02 kg force
Therefore, the strength for any given diameter will be higher in kg than in daN, e.g. 11800daN = approximately 12036kg.
- Rope Diameter - 12mm