6mm Chain Snubber with 10mm LIROS Anchorplait Nylon Strop
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - make your choice from the drop-down menus DETAILED CUSTOM BUILD INSTRUCTIONS
Scroll down for information and guidelines on anchor snubbing
Jimmy Green Anchor Chain Snubbing Lines are produced to order, in-house, by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team from LIROS Anchorplait Nylon with the hook/grab of your choice.
Therefore, they are subject to the current splicing and rigging lead time.
Specify your custom build snubbing strop with a choice of chain hook or grab to suit a 6mm anchor chain, spliced to a LIROS 10mm Anchorplait nylon line which has a comparable break load with 6mm DIN766 Grade 40 anchor chain.
N.B. Chain hooks, grippers and grabs are designed to fit over one link to hold fast on the next link, and not through the link
Please consult the size chart in conjunction with the decision-making factors in our Anchor Rode Size Guide to establish the optimum anchor rode and matching snubbing line for your yacht
Jimmy Green Anchor Snubbing Lines, Facts and Features:
- Snubbing absorbs the shock load when the anchor chain pulls tight
- Snubbing prevents potentially damaging anchor loads from reaching your windlass
- Snubbing softens the ride at anchor
- Chain hooks/grabs are designed to slot over the chain, not through the link
- Plain in/out or retentive options
Jimmy Green Windlass Advisory
Allowing the windlass to take the strain of your anchor and rode may damage the windlass, or even the windlass letting go under load at precisely the wrong moment.
Jimmy Green Anchor Chain Snubbing Specification Guidelines:
- Length - as long as practicable (5 or 6 metres is quite common) with a minimum of three metres
- Strength - similar to your Anchor Chain and Warp
- The shock absorption qualities of the snubbing line will increase with greater length and reduced diameter
- Add a compensator to increase elasticity
- Add anti-chafe webbing to protect against abrasion where the line passes through fairleads or over the bow roller
- If a stainless thimble will not fit and sit comfortably in the eye of the hook, a soft eye splice is advisable
LIROS Anchorplait® 100% White Nylon (Polyamide) Article 01058JG is manufactured exclusively by LIROS Ropes for Jimmy Green Marine with the Jimmy Green designed Easy Splice Markers - available from 10mm up to and including 20mm diameter.
LIROS Anchorplait White Nylon (polyamide) is the optimum rope for anchoring.
LIROS Octoplait Nylon article 01058 has an identical construction in 100% nylon (polyamide) but without the Jimmy Green exclusive, trademark easy splice markers - available from 10mm up to 24mm in diameter.
Anchorplait® is a UK-registered Trademark
LIROS Anchorplait® White Nylon Article 01058JG is manufactured EXCLUSIVELY by LIROS Ropes with Easy Splice Markers for Jimmy Green Marine.
The eight-strand construction [two pairs left hand, two pairs right hand] gives a balanced performance and no twist under tension.
Anchorplait is the rope that won't cockle.
In fact, it falls and flakes like a chain.
Anchorplait makes an ideal anchor warp because it will stay supple for the duration of its working life.
- 100% Nylon (Polyamide)
- UV stabilised
- Square braid construction
- Balanced braiding
- The eight-strand construction (two pairs left hand, two pairs right hand) ensures a balanced performance and no twist under tension
- Dependable strength
- Excellent durability
- UV and abrasion resistant
- Zero possibility of cockling
- Falls and flakes like a chain
- Excellent weathering and wear resistance properties
- Superb handling, manageable in long lengths
- Excellent Shock Absorbing Elongation, >20% working load stretch
- Remains supple for the duration of its working life
- Splice-able to chain - very strong 1-link splice to chain or flexible 11-link splice to chain
- Available from 10mm up to 20mm diameter
LIROS Anchorplait and Octoplait Nylon Break Load in daN:
10mm 2400daN - 12mm 3300daN - 14mm 4400daN - 16mm 5600daN - 18mm 7000daN - 20mm 8140 daN - 24mm 11800daN
LIROS specify their minimum break loads in Dekanewtons (DaN)
Kg force is a more recognisable illustration of strength, so you can convert the LIROS DaN values as follows:
1 Dekanewton = approximately 1.02 kg force
Therefore, the strength for any given diameter will be higher in kg than in daN, e.g. 11800daN = approximately 12036kg
Plain white LIROS Octoplait Nylon article 01058 with only LIROS tracer yarns is also available.
Consult the Jimmy Green Chain Sizing Information to determine the size of your anchor chain - no need for callipers, just a simple tape measure or ruler.
- Purchase Type - Custom Build