Stable base for standing and working on a bench
For cutting and sealing ropes in rapid time
Works well on nylon, polyester, polypropylene, and polyethylene
High Power, fuelled by lighter fluid (butane)
Transparent gas level acts as a refilling prompt
N.B. butane not included
The Meridian Zero Rope Seal Bench HP (High Power) Hot Knife runs on lighter fluid (Butane), so it is effectively cordless.
The bench design makes it a versatile, portable tool that can be used anywhere on a flat, stable surface.
The Meridian Zero Bench Hot Knife will help tackle all sorts of rigging jobs because it can cut and seal the ends of most yachting ropes.
Meridian Zero Rope Seal Bench High Power Hot Knife Facts, Features, and Plus Factors:
- High Power - the tip heats up to 480°C
- Meridian Zero claim that the High Power Performance results in Cutting and Sealing Ropes in 30 seconds
- Fuelled by butane, so it is effectively cordless - works off any flat, stable surface
- Cuts and seals most yachting ropes, e.g. nylon, polyester, polypropylene, and polyethylene – will cut Dyneema with a bit of patience
- Piezo electric ignition
- Fully adjustable heat control
- Powered by lighter fluid (butane)
- Hot knife tip supplied as standard
- Transparent fuel level indication
- Child-resistant unlock button
- Spare Tips and Gauze Housing are available and easy to replace
- Versatile tool can be changed to a heat gun or blow torch
Meridian Zero Rope Seal Bench High Power Hot Knife Specification:
- Fuel: butane
- Capacity 19ml
- Operating time: 90mins
- Temperature ≤ 480°C
- H:180mm x W:157mm x T:52mm
- Weight: 210 grams
The Meridian Zero Bench High Power Hot Knife will cut and seal most yachting ropes:
The High Power results in a super hot tip which means that it will also cut Dyneema, but a neat seal on Dyneema is challenging to achieve with any form of heat.
N.B. Aramid (Kevlar, Technora) and Vectran will not be cut or sealed with a hot knife