Karver Speed Winches are 6 times faster than any other winch on the market.
To hoist a main sail with a 20m halyard requires 142 turns of crank with a traditional winch against 29 turns with a Speed Karver!
Karver winches are equipped with a double gear mechanism, a classic first stage identical to current winch design and a second consisting of an epicyclic gear.
This patented technology is used for the first time on a winch and has the effect of multiplying efforts.
This results in the Karver Speed winches are 6 times faster than any other winch on the market.
The extra speeds of the KSW provide the ability to trim much faster than standard winches.
In first gear, a single handle turn embeds 6 times the length of rope of a two-speed winch.
The gear change is simple.
When the load on the handle becomes too much, simply reverse the direction to change gears automatically.
- 6 times faster: Trim in faster. Trim for extra-speed and acceleration out of the tack
- 4 automatic speeds - 2 standard speeds + 2 extra fast speeds
- No need to take the slack by hand. Use the handle from A to Z
- Instinctive shift in gears. No mechanism to operate
- Dimensioned to replace most standard winches
|Base||Rope Diameter||Weight||Max Load|
|Speed 1||Speed 2||Speed 3||Speed 4|
- Finish - Black Aluminium
- Winch Type - Manual
- Winch Type - Self Tailing