LIROS 12mm 3 Strand Nylon Spliced to 7mm DIN766 Calibrated Grade 40 Anchor Chain
Suitable for boats up to 8 metres length overall or1 tonne displacement (LIROS guide)
3 Strand Nylon is attached to chain using a 1 link splice - a crown splice formed around the last link of the chain
The 1 link splice is very strong but the critical strands around the end link should be scrutinised regularly for signs of chafe.
Most windlass manufacturers recommend 3 strand warps for use on rope/chain gypsies7MM MF GRADE 40 DIN766 CALIBRATED ANCHOR CHAIN WITH ENHANCED SOLID ZINC HOT DIP GALVANISING
is manufactured in Italy by MF Catenificio Frigerio.
Enhanced Solid Zinc Galvanising, Pitch 22mm + 0.4mm or - 0.2mm, maximum outside width 23.8mm, weight c 1.1kg per metre, break load 25Kn = 2550kg
LIROS 3 Strand Nylon Article 00110 plus factors:
- 100% Nylon (Polyamide) manufactured to DIN EN ISO 1140 Standard (previously DIN EN 696, DIN 83330)
- Heat set twisted lay construction offers the same strength and stretch properties as the 8 strand, Octoplait version
- Less expensive than Anchorplait but suffers a little from stiffness once used in water, especially in the bigger sizes
- Good UV stability
- Excellent wear and abrasion resistance
- Overall, a good anchor warp that will run smoothly over a rope/chain gypsy
- Available in White and Navy
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm ~ 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg - 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg ~ 30mm 17400kg
Simply use the drop down menus to build the item of your choice and get an instant quote.