LIROS 10mm 3 Strand Polyester Spliced to 7mm Chain
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - Highlight your choice from the drop down menus - DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
The finish on the Bitter End (first box) is optional - the Rope to Chain Splice is a required field (third box)
LIROS 3 strand Polyester Spliced to Grade 40 Calibrated Anchor Chain, prepared in house by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team.
Consult the information and size chart in our ANCHORING SYSTEM ASSESSMENT to establish the most suitable specification and length for your motor or sailing yacht, considering the application - Bower, Second or Kedge anchor - your intended cruising plans - and your reliance on anchoring.
The Bitter End
Consider how you are going to attach the warp on deck or in your chain locker.
This will depend on whether the strongpoint e.g. cleat, U bolt, eye plate will be used to take the full strain of the rode or only to prevent accidental loss overboard:
- Finishing the rope yourself - no selection required, the rope will just be cut with a heat gun
- Attaching to a mooring cleat - choose a Loop Splice
- Attaching to a U Bolt or Eye Plate
- with a knot - choose a whipping or heat sealing option
- with a shackle - choose an eye splice with or without a thimble N.B. galvanised thimbles tend to be very large and cumbersome
Jimmy Green 3 strand Rope to Chain Splicing Advisory:
- 3 Strand Nylon is attached to chain using a 1 link splice - a crown splice formed around the last link of the chain.
- The 1 link splice is very strong but the critical strands around the end link should be scrutinised regularly for signs of chafe.
- Most windlass manufacturers recommend 3 strand warps for use on rope/chain gypsies.
- This is a required field in the custom build process
LIROS 3 Strand Polyester Article 00111/001110 Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- 100% Polyester manufactured to DIN EN ISO 1140 Standard
- Heat set twisted lay construction offers the same strength and stretch properties as the 8 strand, Octoplait version
- Less expensive than Octoplait but requires traditional laid rope handling and stowage
- Trrutworthy load capacity
- Dependable endurance throughout working life
- Superb UV stability
- Excellent Durability, wear and abrasion resistance
- Overall, a good anchor warp that will run smoothly over a rope/chain gypsy
- Reliable shock absorbing elongation under load > 15% working load stretch
- Available in White, Black and Navy
- Overall LIROS polyester is the most flexible, pliable 3 strand option for warps
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2000kg ~ 12mm 2600kg ~ 14mm 3600kg ~ 16mm ~ 5000kg ~ 18mm 6000kg - 20mm 7000kg ~ 24mm 10500kg ~ 30mm 14800kg
Jimmy Green MF Grade 40 Hot Dip Galvanised Calibrated Anchor Chain is sourced exclusively from MF Catenificio Frigerio, Italy
MF Catenificio chain is manufactured, hot dip galvanised and proof tested in their modern research, test and production facility located near Lecco, Lake Como, Italy.
The proof load testing process ensures that each individual weld has been completed successfully.
MF Calibrated Anchor Chain features enhanced Solid Zinc Galvanising treatment with greater micron depth and prolonged protection against corrosion.
MBL = Manufacturer Break Load
Weight = weight in kg per metre
For more information on MF Chain: MF GRADE 40 SOLID ZINC HOT DIP GALVANISED CALIBRATED ANCHOR CHAIN
- Purchase Type - Custom Build
- Rope Fibre - Polyester
- Rope Diameter - 10mm
- Chain Size - 7mm
- Boat Size (Anchoring) - 5-6 metres up to 1 tonne