Consult the Jimmy Green Mooring Strop Size Guide following the instructions below
1. Find the column in the table that best represents your Boat Length Overall
2. Compare your displacement with the tonnage listed.
3. If it is greater than displayed in your column in the table, consider moving across to the next column to increase the diameter.
4. Take advice on local conditions and check the benchmark size from the table against other similar sized boats moored in your area.
5. Have a good look at the mooring configurations on neighbouring yachts with a critical eye and judge whether your set up should be the same
6. Consider whether you can make any improvements in terms of mooring convenience and anti chafe measures
Anchorplait (Octoplait) is the optimum solution for single moorings:
- The rope construction precludes the possibility of cockling (unravelling)
- The splice design is very secure and will not unravel
LIROS Octoplait White Nylon Article 01058 - 100% Nylon (Polyamide) manufactured by LIROS Ropes - the same rope construction as Anchorplait
8 strand construction (2 pairs left hand, 2 pairs right hand) gives a balanced performance and no twist under tension.
Flakes like chain.
Spliceable to chain
Anchorplait/Octoplait is the rope that won't cockle.
High strength and abrasion resistance.
Retains flexibility throughout working life.
> 20% working load stretch provides excellent shock absorption.
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm ~ 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg - 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg ~ 28mm 15000kg ~ 32mm 20000kg
24mm Available in:
Octoplait, White LIROS article 01058
Simply use the drop down menus to build the item of your choice and get an instant quote.