LIROS 16mm Octoplait Polyester Spliced to 10mm Calibrated Grade 40 Anchor Chain
Suitable for boats up to 12 metres length overall or 5 tonnes displacement (LIROS guide)
Octoplait can be attached to chain using a long (11 link) splice or a shorter 1 link splice
The 11 link splice is not recommended by some windlass manufacturers for use on a rope/chain gypsy
The break load is slightly greater on the 1 link splice than the 11 link splice but the critical strands around the end link should be scrutinised regularly for signs of chafe.
The 11 link splice should also be regularly visually scanned for wear along all the interwoven strands including the whipped endsSelect from 4 different Chain Manufacturers:
CALIBRATED ANCHOR CHAIN
LIROS Octoplait Polyester Article 01047/01049
100% Polyester, square braid construction, super pliable, non kinking, balanced braiding, spliceable to chain, dependable strength, excellent UV durability and abrasion resilience
- Balanced 8 strand construction (2 pairs left hand, 2 pairs right hand)
- Flakes like chain.
- Symmetrical structure prevents twist under tension
- Octoplait will not cockle (unlay itself)
- UV stable
- Reliable load capacity and tough wear resistance.
- Retains flexibility throughout working life.
- > 15% Working Load Stretch provides good shock absorption.
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2000kg ~ 12mm 2400kg ~ 14mm 3800kg ~ 16mm ~ 4700kg ~ 18mm 5800kg - 20mm 7600kg ~ 24mm 11600kg
Available in: White LIROS article 01047, Navy and Black article 01049
Simply use the drop down menus to build the item of your choice and get an instant quote.