LIROS Anchorplait Bridles prove their worth when you want to split the loading between two fixing points e.g. Port and Starboard Mooring Cleats rather than a direct forward or aft pull.
Jimmy Green Anchorplait Mooring Bridles can be deployed for:
- Permanent Mooring Lines
- Towing and Drogue Warp Alignment
- Snubbing Lines on the Anchor Chain
Telephone or email for a bespoke solution - the Jimmy Green Rigging Team can offer support and assistance.
Permanent Mooring Bridles
Selection process for determining the size of your mooring bridle:
N.B. This is the same chart as for a single point mooring strop because although the load is mainly shared between the two tails on a bridle, there is no guarantee that one tail won't have to take the entire loading at any time
- Find the column in the table below that best represents your Boat Length Overall.
- Compare your displacement with the tonnage listed.
- If it is greater than displayed in your column in the table, consider moving across to the next column to increase the diameter.
- Take advice on local conditions and check the benchmark size from the table below against other similar sized boats moored in your area.
- Have a good look at the mooring configurations on neighbouring yachts with a critical eye and judge whether your set up should be the same.
- Consider whether you can make any improvements in terms of mooring convenience and anti chafe measures.
- Factor in the purpose of the bridle
Anchor Chain Snubbing Bridles
The load bearing capacity of a snubbing bridle should normally be compatible with the anchor rode - if the bridle is under sized, it will absorb the shock loads well but may ultimately be sacrificial - if it is oversized, the shocks and surges may not put enough strain on the rope to make it stretch sufficiently and absorb the snatch.
Bridles for Para Anchor, Yacht Drogue and Towing Warps
Bridles for these applications should also normally be compatible with your main anchor rode
Jimmy Green recommend LIROS Anchorplait for making up V Bridles for two very good reasons - the consistently reliable quality of the LIROS rope and the suitability of the construction for forming a dependable, trustworthy centre eye splice
LIROS Anchorplait Nylon article 01058JG is manufactured exclusively for Jimmy Green Marine by LIROS Ropes with the Jimmy Green designed Easy Splice Markers.
- 100% Nylon (Polyamide)
- square braid construction
- non kinking
- balanced braiding
- spliceable to chain
- dependable strength
- excellent durability
- UV and abrasion resistant
- Excellent Shock Absorbing Elongation >20% working load stretch
LIROS Break Load: 10mm 2400kg ~ 12mm 3300kg ~ 14mm 4400kg ~ 16mm ~ 5600kg ~ 18mm 7000kg - 20mm 8140kg ~ 24mm 11800kg ~ 28mm 15000kg ~ 32mm 20000kg
Plain white LIROS octoplait nylon article 01058 with only LIROS tracer yarns is also available.
Custom Build Instructions - V Bridle
Jimmy Green V Shaped Anchorplait Bridle Splicing:
- A Jimmy Green V shaped bridle is based on the Anchorplait centre eye splice (with or without a thimble/chain hook).
- The bridle consists of a continuous line, made into a soft loop around a fitting or formed around a hard thimble eye with a brummel locking tuck splice.
- The strength of the bridle is therefore not reliant on a Y Joining Splice i.e. splicing two separate ropes together.
- The maximum angle of deployment must always be set up with caution but the centre eye splice is much less prone to failure at a wider than optimum angle than any joining splice between two separate ropes.
- It is not possible to successfully put a centre eye splice in a rope of 3 strand construction.