5mm DynIce Dux Guardrail
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - Highlight your choice from the drop down menus
DynIce Dux is manufactured by Hampidjan Yachting Ropes, a forward thinking rope production company with a focus firmly on relentless product development, founded in Icelend in 1934
DynIce Dux is a heat-set, pre-conditioned 12 strand synthetic fibre Dyneema® line which, according to Hampidjan, outperforms other Dyneema® SK75, SK78 and SK99 versions.
The Hampidjan special engineering process removes all the constructional elongation during manufacture, making it much stronger while delivering less stretch and creep.
The outstanding performance of DynIce Dux is the result of unrelenting development by the Hampidjan design and engineering team.
DynIce Dux has rapidly become the logical choice for sailboat rigging professionals.
Hampidjan have named this rope Dux because it loosely translates from Latin to mean the top of the class.
Hampidjan Fibre Rigging Advisory
For use as a replacement for wire standing rigging, Dynice Dux must be specified so that the working load is less than 20% of the breaking strain of the line to eliminate creep completely.
This generally means that the DynIce Dux will be a larger diameter than the wire it replaces.
DynIce Dux Facts and Features:
- 12 strand hollowbraid construction
- Solid, compacted composition
- Near zero constructional stretch and creep
- Durapur impregnated for enhanced wear resistance and UV durability
- Easy to inspect
- Spliced strength is very close to line break load
- Extremely high break load, stronger size for size than any other dyneema 12 strand line
- Ideal for wire replacement
- Exclusive Heat-set Dyneema® SK75 technique eliminates constructional elongation
- Manufactured in a modern rope factory by Hampidjan Ropes
Weight = kg per 100 metres
MBL = Manufacturer Break Load - Hampidjan rated Linear Strength in kg , tested in accordance with ISO2307/EN919
Spliced Strength = Hampidjan rated break load after splicing
- Purchase Type - Custom Build
- Rope Fibre - Dyneema
- Rope Diameter - 5mm