Gleistein 32mm Geo-Square Polyester Mooring Strops
Click on the boxes below to reveal your custom build options - Highlight your choice from the drop down menus - Custom Build Instructions
Consult our Mooring Strop Size Guide
Consult the Jimmy Green Mooring Strop Size Guide following the instructions below
|Yacht Length Overall||< 5 metres||5 - 6 metres||6 - 8 metres||8 - 10 metres||10 - 12 metres||12 - 14 metres||14 - 16 metres|
|Aproximate length in feet||< 16 feet||16- 20 feet||20 - 26 feet||26 - 33 feet||33 - 40 feet||40 - 46 feet||46 - 53 feet|
|Displacement in Tonnes||0.6 tonnes||1 tonnes||2.5 tonnes||5 tonnes||9 tonnes||13 tonnes||16 tonnes|
- Find the column in the table that best represents your Boat Length Overall
- Compare your displacement with the tonnage listed.
- If it is greater than displayed in your column in the table, consider moving across to the next column to increase the diameter.
- Take advice on local conditions and check the benchmark size from the table against other similar sized boats moored in your area.
- Have a good look at the mooring configurations on neighbouring yachts with a critical eye and judge whether your set up should be the same
- Consider whether you can make any improvements in terms of mooring convenience and anti chafe measures
Anchorplait (Octoplait) is the optimum solution for single moorings:
- The rope construction precludes the possibility of cockling (unravelling)
- The splice design is very secure and will not unravel
Gleistein Geo-Square - Square plaited (octoplait) Polyester is ideal for single line warps/strops, particularly on a swinging mooring
Square-plaited HT continuous filament white polyester fibre
The same balanced construction as Anchorplait
8 strand design, 2 pairs right hand, 2 pairs left hand lay gives a balanced performance and no twist under tension.
Thermally stabilised and heat set during the manufacturing process to enhance endurance and handling
Geo-Square Plus Factors
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- UV stabilised for outstanding endurance in the sun
- Square construction cannot kink, prevents cockling
- Flakes like chain
- Spliceable to chain
- Extremely strong - Spliced Manufacturer Break Load = 18,000kg
- Retains flexibility throughout working life.
- < 15% working load stretch provides excellent shock absorption
- Eminently suitable as mooring line
Gleistein Break Load in accordance with DIN EN ISO 2307: 32mm = 20,000kg
- Purchase Type - Custom Build
- Rope Fibre - Nylon
- Rope Diameter - 32mm
- Boat Length (Permanent Strop) - 14-16 metres up to 16 tonnes