Castro Fender Valve Adaptors were designed and manufactured with the correct thread to screw into the non return valve in the Castro NDE and NBO range.
Jimmy Green Castro fender adaptors are also suitable for any of the newer Castro range of fenders (or any other make of fender) but only if they have the same valve system inflation system as the NDE range
Castro NDE and NBO fenders were manufactured with a double valve system comprising:
- Nylon slot head screw with matching female thread moulded into the recess
- Moulded non return valve (flap) at the bottom of the recess.
The moulded flap is sensitive to pressure, but it is advisable not to touch it if possible because physical interference may result in damaging the non-return aspect of the design.
Air pressure should be sufficent to open the valve and allow inflation.
It is necessary to touch the flap for deflation if absolutely necessary, but care should be taken not to inflict lasting damage.
In the event of the inner flap (valve) leaking air, sealant can be applied to the thread when reinserting the nylon screw to seal the fender effectively.
N.B. Do not overtighten the threaded screw
This valve system may still be current for the latest Castro Fender ranges.
We advise asking the manufacturer direct: Castro Contact Information
Jimmy Green Castro Fender Adaptor Facts and Features:
- Originally designed for Castro NDE and NBO fenders
- Will fit any fender with the same female internal thread
- Thread end screws into fender - N.B. remove fender screw first
- Spigot fits to e.g. bicycle or car foot pump
- Problem free inflation
- Non rusting alloy
- Robust Design