All Jimmy Green Fender Lanyards are measured, cut, spliced one end and heat sealed the other end from Top Quality LIROS 3 Strand Polyester by the Jimmy Green Rigging Team.
Jimmy Green fender lanyards are produced to order in house and therefore subject to splicing order lead times.
If you prefer the flexibility of attaching / detaching your fenders and fender ropes, Jimmy Green fender lanyards offer a simple method of fitting spliced ropes to your fenders:
Jimmy Green Fender Lanyard User Instructions:
Pass the loop through the eye of the fender, then pass the heat sealed end through the loop and pull tight.
The long loop sits neatly around the eye of the fender.
Jimmy Green Fender Lanyard Specification:
- 100% LIROS 3 strand Polyester
- Each Jimmy Green fender lanyard is spliced and finished in house to our exacting standard.
- Each lanyard is finished with a long loop spliced in one end with a neat heat sealing at the other end.
- Loop length when pulled out straight = approximately 200mm
LIROS 3 Strand Polyester Facts, Features and PLUS Factors:
- LIROS Article 00111/01110
- Manufactured to DIN/EN ISO1141
- Thermofix Heat-Set, Twisted Lay Construction
- Firm in the hand
- Retains flexibility throughout its working life
- Dependable Strength
- Excellent Durability - wear and abrasion resistant
- Superb UV stability - excellent resistance to the harmful rays in sunlight
- Optimum shock absorbing elongation under load = >15% working load stretch
- Available in: White - LIROS article 00111, Black and Navy - LIROS article 01110
LIROS Break Load: 8mm 1400kg ~ 10mm 2000kg ~ 12mm 2600kg
Jimmy Green Advisory:
Apply a whipping or heat shrink/tape to the heat sealed end to protect the integrity of the twisted rope lay.
Cockling (unravelling against the lay of the rope)
Cockling occurs when a 3 strand rope is forced to rotate against the direction of the twisted lay, opening up the strands until they distort into 'ears'
This may seem unlikely, but it can happen with 3 strand fender lanyards where your fenders are subjected to persistent rotation caused by the continual movement between the topsides and the pontoon or adjacent yacht.
Acute and persistent cockling can eventually progess to the unravelling of a perfectly constructed 3 Strand Splice.
Cockling can be avoided by selecting BRAID ON BRAID FENDER LANYARDS
You can sample the cockling effect with a soft piece of small diameter 3 strand rope - Twist it tighter and and the rope construction tightens - Twist it the other way and the strands will soon deform and the rope will go completely out of shape, compromising the performance of the line, with the distinct possibility of failure through rupture.
- Rope Fibre - Polyester
- Rope Diameter - 8mm
- Rope Diameter - 10mm
- Rope Diameter - 12mm
- Colour - White
- Colour - Navy
- Colour - Black