Awarded PBO Best Buy on test
2 part tapered telescopic GRP rod
Cylindrical encapsulated float
Plastic-dipped lead weight
Lightweight high visibility flag
N.B. Restricted courier options apply
The Jimmy Green Coastal Danbuoy is produced in house from 2 tapered GRP rods, cylindrical encapsulated float, plastic-dipped lead weight and lightweight high visibility flag.
Awarded Best Buy on the independent test by the Practical Boat Owner magazine 2014
The 2 piece tapered tube design gives excellent performance in breeze but also allows for easy collapsing and stowing.
Please not that this danbuoy can not be fitted with a light.
Jimmy Green Coastal Danbuoy Facts and Features:
- Easy extension and compression
- 2 piece telescopic design
- Sleek tapered GRP rods
- Plastic coated lead weight providing excellent counterbalance, preventing the danbuoy from being blown flat.
- Rubber boot to protect the deck.
- Modular float for easy repair and replacement in the event of UV degradation
- 3 metres of LIROS 16 plait Hollowbraid multifilament polypropylene floating line for ease of attaching to a lifebuoy
- High visibility orange flag, made from lightweight rip stop nylon, approximately 2 metres above sea level
- 25mm Retro reflective tape above and below the flag
- Stowed = 1.52 metres
- Extended = Overall 2.93 metres
Preparation and Stowage
- Once extended the telescopic parts have enough friction to stay up indefinitely
- Collapsing requires holding the top section so the boot is off the ground and giving it a short sharp knock
- By rolling the flag on the tube and collapsing the 2 pieces, the flag fits inside the lower tube for protection from the elements while stowed
A danbuoy is normally the first item deployed in the event of a man overboard incident.
Therefore it should be mounted aft, extended ready, located for quick deployment.
We sell Danbuoy Accessories for
- preventing the flag from being blown out
- protecting the float against UV degradation
- locating the danbuoy to e.g. stanchion, pushpit
If you need any more help with selecting a new danbuoy, installing your danbuoy or refurbishing your existing danbuoy then please contact us on 01297 20744