Two rods with a s/s sleeve joint
8mm diameter solid GRP
1.45 metres each - total length 2.9 metres
Cylindrical encapsulated float
Plastic-dipped lead weight
Lightweight high visibility flag
N.B. Restricted courier options apply
The Jimmy Green 2 Piece Inshore Danbuoy is produced in house from 8mm diameter solid GRP rod in two separate sections joined by a collar and secured with a stainless steel split pin combined with a cylindrical encapsulated float, plastic-dipped lead weight and lightweight high visibility flag.
This Jimmy Green Dabuoy is supplied in two parts to:
- increase overall length of danbuoy and therefore the height of the flag above sea level
- minimimise freight costs
Jimmy Green 2 Piece Inshore Danbuoy Facts and Features:
- Ideal for inshore sailing with excellent flag height and stability.
- N.B. a light can not be fitted
- Lead weight sits on a plastic end stop to protect the deck
- Float is modular for easy repair and replacement in the event of UV degradation
- Supplied with 3 metres of LIROS 16 plait Hollowbraid multifilament polypropylene floating line for attaching to e.g a horseshoe lifebuoy
- High visibility orange flag, made from lightweight ripstop nylon, approximately 2 metres above sea level
- 25mm Retro reflective tape above and below the flag
- The 2 rod sections are easily put together with a simple collar and split pin design
The 2 Piece Inshore Danbuoy requires assembly before setting sail but can be stowed in 2 pieces for security and protection against the elements.
- Stowed Length 1.49 metres
- Assembled Length Overall 2.93 metres
There is a delivery surcharge applied by the couriers on this danbuoy because the overall length of the parcel is over 1 metre.
A danbuoy is normally the first item deployed in the event of a man overboard incident.
Therefore it should be mounted aft, assembled ready and located for quick deployment.
We sell Danbuoy Accessories for
- preventing the flag from being blown out
- protecting the float against UV degradation
- locating the danbuoy to e.g. stanchion, pushpit
If you need any more help with selecting a new danbuoy, installing your danbuoy or refurbishing your existing danbuoy then please contact us on 01297 20744